Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I'm losing so slowly!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=37320)

Tar Baby Sat, Mar-16-02 12:20

I'm losing so slowly!!!!

I am soooo frustrated today! I have been on this INDUCTION for 12 days. My stupid husband has lost 13 pounds while I hover around 8. That seems sucky! I feel like my clothes fit loser yet my ketone strips are not turning at all anymore! What's the deal? I'm doing everything right I think. Should I cut out my 1 maybe 2 cups of decaf a day? That's the only time I have half & half. Should I cut that too? I had some caffeine free diet coke this week. Should I not have that? I suppose I should drink more water. Sometimes I just forget. What about cheese? It's my big luxury item for the moment. What about diet jello? We've been having that but, it's made with aspartame. Is there another alternative?
HELP ME? I'm feeling very down about all this?
Am I a turtle or am I just overreacting?
I plan on doing INDUCTION for another 2 weeks. We've got the supplements now and would like to see what another 2 weeks does!
:confused:
Tara

suzieq Sat, Mar-16-02 17:48

COMPETING WITH MEN ON WEIGHT LOSS TENDS TO LEAD TO FRUSTRATION!! I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE THERE, SO I FEEL FOR YOU, BUT LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE YOU HAVE LOST 8 POUNDS IN 12 DAYS!!!!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT THAT IS? IF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS SLOWS DOWN A LITTLE YOU ARE STILL CHARGING FORWARD AT A SUPER PACE! I RECOMMEND DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STAYING THE COURSE, AS IT IS WORKING FOR YOU. IF YOU DISCOVER THAT IN TWO WEEKS YOU HAVE NOT LOST MORE WEIGHT THEN CHANGE, CUT OUT THOSE ARTIFICIAL SWEETNERS, BUT FOR NOW ENJOY YOUR SUCCESS. CONGRATULATE YOUR HUSBAND, BUT DON'T BE JEALOUS BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, YOU ARE SO MUCH BETTER OFF TODAY THAN YOU WERE JUST 12 DAYS AGO. YOU HAVE LOST 8 POUNDS AND I HOPE THAT YOU FEEL BETTER ALSO!

spongebutt Sun, Mar-23-03 15:58

It's completely not fair. Men always lose faster. My husband can lose without even trying! :skull:

Just keep up the good work. You'll get there. 8 pounds in 12 days is great!

:cheer:

Kayceecan Sun, Mar-23-03 16:17

:wave: Hi Tara,

Yeah, men can be irritating sometimes! :D
I'm with the others...you're doing great........maybe if you started a journal and write down what you're eating others can give their advice. (Doesn't mean you have to take it...but, they may be able to help)....Like they say...this isn't a fast weight loss diet, it's WOE. A lot of people don't even use the ketostix...sometimes they're not too accurate. If you feel like your clothes are getting looser...something's going right! Just relax..I don't think you're a turtle...you just have to give it time. :thup: I know what its like to get frustrated and impatient...if you read my journal...you'll see I gave up for a while...bad decision! :bash: That's why they say "Patience is a Virtue" :D Good Luck KC

nikkil Mon, Mar-24-03 04:05

FYI: Juicy Gels are made with Splenda--they're in individual containers 'No Sugar Added' (no aspartame).

Nicole