Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Breaking thru 300 !!! (God that took forever) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=137098)

DayStar Sun, Sep-14-03 13:54

Breaking thru 300 !!! (God that took forever)

Finally, after what seems like forever, I am at 299 !!!!! Been years since the scale said that! Clothes are fitting better.... Took belt in 4 notches so far, and wonder how many I would take it in if I wore it as tight as before?

Today I got some old pants and shorts out of storage. Once upon a time I had outgrown these. Today they fit! The funniest thing is, my wedding ring is getting loose and is in danger of falling off. Now I figure I can hold off on buying clothes, but Atkins is about to get expensive if I have to go see the Jeweler to adjust the ring <lol>.

I hear my weight watchers friends complain about the expense of their diet, but they have never mentioned needing to visit the jeweler :D

liz175 Sun, Sep-14-03 14:00

Congratulations! And congratulations for sticking to it when it felt like it was taking forever!

If you don't want to size your ring yet, the jeweler can sell you something (I can't remember the official name of the thing) to fit inside the ring and make it smaller. I'm waiting until I get to goal to size my wedding ring -- I don't want to do it two or three times. Of course, the ring I am wearing now is not my original wedding ring -- I couldn't begin to get that one on yet.

diemde Sun, Sep-14-03 14:43

Congratulations on breaking through 300!!! You are doing great.

You both just reminded me that I haven't tried on my rings since I started this WOE. I have some nice ones that had just gotten to tight to wear. I'm gonna go try them on right now, LOL!

Wenzday Sun, Sep-14-03 16:05

my wedding ring efll of when I went swimming! lol funny too since its always been so tight! now my rings are baggy..lol I have a big decorative band though that cannot be sized.... :( really dont think my husband will be into buying me anew one...but you never know--maybe when I get to goal he will change his mind.

MisterE Sun, Sep-14-03 16:44

Congratulations! You have every reason to be proud! Celebrate this major life and health improvement!

ICountToo Sun, Sep-14-03 17:49

DayStar

How exciting! Congrats on your progress, Hats off to you and your success.

I'm motivated now!

Big (((((HUGS)))) to you.

Martha

reowdy Sun, Sep-14-03 19:16

:Party: CONGRATULATIONS :dazzle:

First big hurdle cleared and left behind.... feels good doesn't it....

I have moved my rings up a finger, and when that no longer works, I intend to follow a friends example, and wear them on a chain around my neck til I reach goal..... just another suggestion..

Hugz

mem2 Sun, Sep-14-03 20:02

Daystar,
Wonderful! You are well on your way. Keep up the good work!

DayStar Sun, Sep-14-03 20:58

Thanx all :)

Appreciate the support and encouragement.

Glad to share my progress with those who are starting out.

Onward!

DayStar Mon, Sep-15-03 07:06

And by complete atkins magic, another two pounds are gone today!

I do this a lot.... stay the same for 2 weeks then lose 2 pounds a day, two days in a row...

It's Weird. But its a good kind of weird :)

Mossling Mon, Sep-15-03 20:40

Daystar,

Congratulations! It feels wonderful, doesn't it?

Jude

redawn Tue, Sep-16-03 05:35

Congrats. .. I am patiently (or not so patiently) waiting that dip under 200. . .i keep hoping that when I get my hair cut (cutting 12 inches of red hair for www.wigsforkids.org ) that that will be the last pound. . .but not thinking I am gonna make it. ~sigh~

Funny thing is that I almost lost my wedding ring the other day. I have been wearing it as a toe ring since I was 150lb when I got married. .. it hasn't fit my ring finger in a while. ..when I led a Brownie troop they thought I was so cool. . .they thought when we got married I put it on my toe. . .did not want to clue them in it was because I was too fat that it was there. Now it fits my ring finger. . .but I like it as a toe ring. redawn:)

redawn Tue, Sep-16-03 06:07

use your wedding ring that can't be resized as a thumb ring or a fancy index finger ring. redawn:)

aneredac Tue, Sep-16-03 19:57

It made me feel really good to read your post. It seems like a lot of people have been breaking 300, and here I sit, stuck.. even though it has not been that long, and part of the problem is that I cheated over the weekend, and am paying for that. BUt I am back on track and the pounds that increased are now decreasing.
I can relate to wanting to get finally to that 300 pound line.

Rena

Sngbrd45 Tue, Sep-16-03 22:58

Congrats! I hope to join the list soon too!
Pat