Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Nightmare last night (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=174047)

Elisann Sun, Mar-21-04 12:11

Nightmare last night

It was so weird, I dreamt I was eating doughnuts :eek: I woke up in a panic, after realizing it was just a dream I found it kind of funny :lol:

I'm not having any cravings for carbs...even the chocolate chip cookies I made for the kids didn't bother me after DH put them in the cookie jar.

Strange dream though :lol:

danakins Sun, Mar-21-04 12:17

I've had similar dreams...basically, that I had gained back everything that I have worked for. (My stats don't show that I actually started at 182).

Fear of slipping back into old patterns is what I make of it.

Danakins

hansjs Sun, Mar-21-04 13:09

I've also had similar dreams. It is weird, because I also haven't really been craving the foods during the day. I guess the mind doesn't want to let go of my old eating habits.

centikel Sun, Mar-21-04 15:01

Hey, I think it's great that you are having those "scary" dreams. I bet it means that you really have internalized that carbs and weight gain are scary. Your mind is just picking from a menu of scary stuff since it is in a "give scare" mode. I always have anxiety dreams about taking tests. And believe me, I do not want them in my life again ever!

Raleigh Sun, Mar-21-04 15:05

I've done that before. :lol: Only mine usually is my eating some kinda cake or pie at a family gathering. I wake up and wonder if I really did it. :lol:

rice_boi Sun, Mar-21-04 15:16

in my dream, i was eating a whole bowl-full of fried rice with them tiny little chopped up onions, shrimp and bits of chicken... holy crap i'll bet even thinking about eating, i'd gain 2lbs haha

Elisann Sun, Mar-21-04 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by centikel
Hey, I think it's great that you are having those "scary" dreams. I bet it means that you really have internalized that carbs and weight gain are scary. Your mind is just picking from a menu of scary stuff since it is in a "give scare" mode. I always have anxiety dreams about taking tests. And believe me, I do not want them in my life again ever!

You know...that is a really good point! I'm a little "carbaphobic" I have a deep fat fryer and I won't make my deep fried zucchini after I have made french fries for DH and kids :lol: I guess I'm afraid my food will get carb germs on it.

rice_boi Sun, Mar-21-04 15:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisann
You know...that is a really good point! I'm a little "carbaphobic" I have a deep fat fryer and I won't make my deep fried zucchini after I have made french fries for DH and kids :lol: I guess I'm afraid my food will get carb germs on it.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! this made me crack up :) thanks for making my day... "CARB GERMS" lol!

teresamay Sun, Mar-21-04 16:06

I am the same way, I have dream after dream where I am cheating,then wake up to find I am ok...but I think for me it is that I have it so ingrained that cheating is bad, and spend so much time avoiding foods I can't have, that my subconscious mind is making up for it - and damn those dream donuts taste good! ;)

snburch Sun, Mar-21-04 19:14

I've had dreams of "cheating" with krispy kreme donuts. In my dream I was sneaking around so people wouldn't catch me. Darn, I couldn't even enjoy it in my dream. Sucks!
Woke up in a panic....and worried the rest of the day. Wondering if I could actually gain from just the thought of cheating.