Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Just a little celebration (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=90645)

danbo Wed, Mar-05-03 14:22

Just a little celebration

Just wanting to celebrate a bit:

Three months ago my doctor instructed me to go LC, and he wanted to see me in three months.

My goal was to lose 25 lbs in those three months. I've been in a stall the past few weeks, and I was worried about it turning into a full-blown plateau -- BUT, as fate would have it, my official weigh-in this morning showed I dropped almost three pounds, which puts me at exactly a 25 lb weight loss. What's so cool is my three month follow-up with the doc is TOMORROW!

I just wanted to say I'm tickled, :D thrilled, and so glad for all the things I learn by reading posts from you all.

This also means I'm past the "25% of goal" milestone!! Think I'll celebrate with a Michelob Ultra!!

mum2four Wed, Mar-05-03 14:26

That's Great!!!!

Good Job!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :Party: :Party: :Party:

Tell us what the doctor says tomorrow!

Vicki

msjames Wed, Mar-05-03 14:27

CONGRADULATIONS!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

amadeus431 Wed, Mar-05-03 14:31

Wow!!!! How cool is that!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to amaze my doctor at my next checkup. I have plenty of time, though, because it's next November. LOL

pegva Wed, Mar-05-03 14:35

YEA!

YEA FOR YOU
:Party: :Party: :Party:

Tiggerdy Wed, Mar-05-03 14:40

Many congrats on your achievement!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Here's to blowing the socks off your doc!!

Nikki :daizy:

Yaseruzo~! Wed, Mar-05-03 16:14

Ya~y Danbo! You're doing so great! I'm sure your doctor will be thrilled too :) It's so great to hear success stories like yours!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

paradise Wed, Mar-05-03 16:19

Congratulations! Enjoy that Michelob Ultra danbo, you deserve it!

jers52 Wed, Mar-05-03 18:23

your doc---

will be estatic - and probably show you off to half the waiting room and nurses (hey, my docs office had a few in there who should try out Atkins last time I was there)

Jan :daze:

BarbCA Wed, Mar-05-03 19:14

Congratulations. What more can a body ask for?

danbo Sat, Mar-08-03 00:45

Follow up:

Doc was happy ... cautioned me about getting my hopes up for losing another 25 lbs in three more months ... (I nodded in "agreement") ... I told him I would come back in six months thirty lbs lighter. Doc said that would be an appropriate amount of loss. But I lied. I intend to come back to him in six months forty pounds lighter -- or more. :D

He had a baseline for my triglicerides and cholesterol when I started, and he drew for another blood panel on Thursday. He'll fax me my results on Monday. He expects (as do I) that both will be down.

Yea! I'm just plugging along, enjoying my LC WOE.

:daze:

Lessara Sat, Mar-08-03 10:09

Sounds terrific!

Way to go Danbo!!!! :thup:
I like the small goals you are doing... I have to admit my larger goals are rather overwelming.. so I'm going to 25lbs losses too!
Can't wait to see your blood test results. I know mine were great heres to a good one for you!!

AmyTN Sat, Mar-08-03 11:46

Congratulations! You're one step closer to your goal. Stick with it and I'm sure your next doctors appointment will go just as well if not better. Let us know how much your blood work improved when you get you results. Good luck meeting that next goal.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne