Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Firm Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=118826)

kmarie1351 Sun, Jun-29-03 12:04

Firm Forum

Anyone interested in starting a daily thread about The Firm? I'm really convinced that I was thinner than I have ever been while working out with The Firm... why did I ever stop?

Anyway, I got back on the Firm wagon today with Tough Tape 2. I didn't get all the way through it, but I didn't do too badly, either. I'm going to use my hips measurement as a guide to how I'm doing. Today, they were at 40 inches (approx.).

Do you do The Firm? Let's try it! I've never done it while on a LC WOE - maybe the results will be spectacular!

kmarie1351 Mon, Jun-30-03 07:15

I know you're out there...

I'm going to do one of my Firm tapes this morning before my meeting... this rwill be day 2 of recommitting to the Firm workouts.

Come on, all you Firm people! Join the Firm Forum thread!

Update - did the Lower Body workout, and then had to quit. It's exhausting!

day966 Mon, Jun-30-03 11:21

hi kmarie! :wave:

i'm using the firm also. i started back again last week. i have the new tapes with the stick. i've found that i do better if i alternate firm tapes with walk away the pounds tapes. this gives my body a little more time to recover from the firm tapes. i love how well the firm works my muscles. hopefully my butt will get back up where it's supposed to be.

kmarie1351 Mon, Jun-30-03 11:32

It's a Brand New Day!

Hi, Day! I tell ya, it's amazing how quickyl I get out of shape... I used to be able to do a Firm Tape all the way through, no problem. Now I can't even get through one! I'm hoping to fit back into my skinny jeans within six weeks... think I can do it? I do! Welcome to the Firm Forum - two people on a mission!

day966 Mon, Jun-30-03 11:37

kmarie,

i have no doubt that you can reach your goal. the only problem i've found doing the firm while lcing is that i often don't have as much endurance as i did before. other than that, it's been great! still working on getting all the way throught the abs sections of the videos. i hate doing ab work but would love a flatter tummy!

kmarie1351 Mon, Jun-30-03 11:45

Abs

I hate ab work. >:-(

janetkind Mon, Jun-30-03 12:30

firm tapes

iam also going to do the firm tape.
i would love to join in with u gals. hope i dont forget we have this one. ha.
iam going to see what i can do. i dont have the stick. do both of u?? i got mine at walmart.
all three tapes.
i do have wts. 1/2 /3/ 5 lbs.
8 and 10 are to much for me right now.
think next week will add the 4lbswts.
iam short and have a time getting on my steps. do u gals.
am also thinking of getting out my rubber bands to do to.
the weather here in IN. is nice. going to get hot this week.
if u gals need a firm buddy to keep going let me know and iam with.
i a;lso have a tredmil do u??
iam training on it to run.
but havent for week or so and have to get that going. one thing on exersicoing u have to keep it going.
good luck
janet

kmarie1351 Mon, Jun-30-03 13:46

Welcome, Janet

I'm in IN, too, Janet - it's really nice today. I only have weights (no stick) - 3, 5, 8, and 10 lb. I'm pretty tall, so sometimes I think the steps are too short! Some of the ladies on the tapes are quite petite, so keep at it, and you'll be doing great in no time.

Iowagirl Mon, Jun-30-03 14:01

Been Firmin' for awhile!

Kmarie - use a broom handle if you have no stick.

Cardio this morning but yesterday I did Upper Body Split.

Anyone do Fitprime as well?

kmarie1351 Mon, Jun-30-03 14:05

Fitprime?

What's Fitprime?

Iowagirl Mon, Jun-30-03 14:12

Some former Firm members have branched off. As good as the Firm is, I find Fitprime even tougher.

They just put out a new video with a rebounder (mini trampoline) - weight training and cardio. I ordered it this morning!

kmarie1351 Mon, Jun-30-03 14:30

Harder?

It's harder than The Firm? Whoa. I think I have to work up to it!

Iowagirl Mon, Jun-30-03 14:34

Come on! Push yourself! (said in best drill sargeant voice) :p

Iowagirl Tue, Jul-01-03 08:43

Ok - check in time! I did tough tape 2. Anyone else?

day966 Tue, Jul-01-03 08:51

iowagirl,

thanks for checking in and keeping up honest. :lol: i couldn't do my tape this morning because of nausea. i'm hoping it will pass soon and i can get busy. what are the fitprime tapes and where do i go to check them out. i'm sure that even the firm tapes will get boring after a while. :yawn: