Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   workout music... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=134183)

el corazón Sun, Aug-31-03 10:31

workout music...

Whats everyones favorite workout (walking, lighting weights, running, etc) cd? I neeeeed music to walk to. Suggestions anyone?

pepsi max Sun, Aug-31-03 10:49

my favourite music to exercise to is anything by bon jovi.the songs have got a good beat and keeps me going.

twofoofers Sun, Aug-31-03 10:51

Depending on your age, I really enjoy the 80's music. It just makes you want to dance in any crazy old way.

Tsve Sun, Aug-31-03 10:51

Beyonce, The Cranberries, Tatu, 50 Cent, Gackt, latin. Sometimes heavier bands like Nirvana. Catwalk music is always good, if you know what that is. sort of has a distinctive angry and fast sound to it. Anything with a good techno or dance beat is the best.
lol, something with a beat that goes 4.8 mph.

RoseTattoo Sun, Aug-31-03 12:29

I *exclusively* listen to Talking Heads and Radiohead. The music is so complex, and the vocals so riveting (IMHO) that I just get lost in it. Literally transported somewhere else. :angel: That way I can pretend I'm not exercising.

As Thom Yorke (Radiohead vocalist) sings, "I'm not here....this isn't happening...." :lol:

bigguyjonc Sun, Aug-31-03 12:52

I love a group called "reel big fish" they are upbeat and have that songs with horns. all their songs just make me happy :)

Jon :doah:

Dustin Sun, Aug-31-03 12:54

Madonna and Cher :D

szar Sun, Aug-31-03 16:05

Blue Man Group... Driving tribal type rhthyms that really can get you going... When I listen to them, it shaves 15 minutes off my 5 mle walk time...

Mark

Froufie Sun, Aug-31-03 17:51

I actually have a "real" walking cassettetape...bought it some time ago.....but I know there is stuff on the web. Mine is some sort of oldies stuff I think, but there are all kinds.

The good part is....is starts off with a 10 minute warm up "beat"...then beat increases to 4mph beat for another 45 minutes (or however long you want to walk). I know it keeps me "honest" and that I'm not slowing down or speeding up and getting a proper workout! This is considered "intermediate level"...at least that is what is states on the cover, but there are also beginner and advanced levels with corresponding speeds for those needing different workout speeds! :wiggle:

Froufie

SlimShAdY Sun, Aug-31-03 22:49

Linkin Park is the only one that works for me when I lift weights. :roll:

Cardio..It depends on what mood I'm in. Can be anything rap, pop, techno..punk..

Walking..... Soaps work for me. I put the tredmill in front of the TV. =D

Lilygirl Sun, Aug-31-03 23:28

Audio Books!

I love listening to music, mainly groove/chillout music, i.e., Groove Armada, Ministry of Sound, Thievery Corporation, etc. but the thing that makes me crave my cardio workouts, is listening to BOOKS/CD'S ON TAPE!! I won't allow myself to listen to them unless I'm doing my cardio, so it actually FINALLY makes me want to do my cardio! I even want to keep going because I want to hear the next part. I bought a few audio books, but they're not cheap, head over to your library...mine actually has a HUGE selection of audio books. Give it a try!!

Lily

Fumih_81 Mon, Sep-01-03 08:01

i discovered that watching a sports game when u are running on ur threadmill makes u run longer.

you watch them running around constantly and you want to do it too. hahaha

my ideal workout music will be dance, techno, rap, hip hop (bom bom bom bom!!! lots of rhythm!)...

if only i am making those hip dance moves....woo!

fishburg Tue, Sep-02-03 05:35

O.K. now do not laugh. I love to put Big Band music on when cleaning the house. My kids and I have a kick dancing to the beat of the oldies. We swing, march and the little ones do summersults!! It is great fun for the family!!!

Dervish Tue, Sep-02-03 10:26

Dance and techno are definitely my favorite types of music to listen to when I'm jogging. I like to find music that has a moderate beat that I can pace myself with. Currently loaded into my mp3 player are artists like Iio, Kreo, Groove Armada, The Crystal Method, Kylie Minogue, Paul Oakenfold, etc.

EvenLower Tue, Sep-02-03 10:33

Pennywise Pennywise, Pennywise
fast energetic music that gets the adrenaline up, good stuff