Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Howdy From TX ya'll !!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=92097)

Jaccimoz Wed, Mar-12-03 23:54

Howdy From TX ya'll !!!

:help:
Howdy from TX ya'll!! I'm Jacci and I am done with my first week of low carbing today, I only lost (almost) 3 pounds and I'm not sure if that's good or not, I feel the way I'm eating I should be skinny already... :yay: !!
My first day was fun! My second and third day were insulin wacko and feeling like i was on speed - - couldn't do a darned thing right. days four through seven I have settled in and have decided that I (well, we, my hubby and I) <--- that jerk lost 7 pounds already!!! :Puke:
Our daily regimen includes eggs for breakfast - coffee (1 tbsp. half and half), lunch - small salad with ham and cheese on it. dinner - Atkins bake mix (I make tortillas with it) quesadillas. I snack on Slim jims and cheese during the day and usually have a cup of coffee (decaf) after din din. I have also been making my own yogurt as a snack out of sour creme, sugar free strawberry syrup and 1 strawberry cut up.
OH AND ABOUT 1.5 GALLONS OF WATER A DAY!!!

Am I doing anything wrong....I feel a little bloated and like I should be losing more????

thanks in advance and I'm glad to be part of your community
:cheer: Jacci

catspaw Thu, Mar-13-03 02:44

3 pounds the first week is great! Guys always (well, almost always) lose weight faster, so just grin and bear it.

You might try cutting out the slim jims and cheese for snacks. Have you checked out Fitday website? You may be higher in carbs than you think, or your rations might be a bit off. You're a little high in dairy products, that might be part of it as well.

More salad!

best of luck,

RBalhan Thu, Mar-13-03 08:17

Hi Jacci: :wave:

WELCOME to the FORUM and lc'ng. Your are in for a great adventure in eating. CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 lb loss. GOOD START :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

But....while you are in Induction I would advise you stick to the basic foods outlined in the plan and try not to get too fancy with your foods at first. That way you will get a good head start on your weight loss. I lost 10 pounds on Induction. After you have the initial weight loss YOU WILL more than probably slow down. (I am three weeks now without a loss). What I mean is just use natural foods, i.e., eggs, butter, bacon, meats, fish, chicken. Try to keep your numbers at Fat - 69-70%, Carbs, 3-5% and the rest to protein. To do this you will need to use Fitday.com to help you figure this out.

Also, starting a journal will let others see how you are doing and offer help or support when you need it. Take a look at my Fitday (located on the bottom of my post here).

Good luck to you

Rose :rose: