Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Carb Blockers or Burners: Carboburner (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=27308)

Mindyd Sun, Dec-09-01 20:55

Carboburner

Hi! Has anybody else used or seen a product called "Carboburner"? I found it at RiteAid and it's supposed to help convert carbohydrates into energy. It's all natural and supposed to be a good supplement for a low-carbohydrate diet. I don't know if there is any connection, but I was finally able to get my scale to budge after being stuck for about two weeks....maybe a coincidence, maybe not.....

Any other comments out there on this product? Thanks!

lilwannabe Mon, Dec-10-01 00:45

I must admit...I also bought a carb burner...and I take it just before dinner...I also have started seeing the scale moving...and rather quickly for me. I don't know if I should actually be taking it, but I have not felt any adverse side affects...so I will continue to take it...but just the once a day.

ladibug Mon, Dec-10-01 10:08

Hey LIL

What is the brand name of the one you are taking? I saw a few of them recently and wondered about adding it too.

How much have you lost since taking it?

Thanks

lilwannabe Mon, Dec-10-01 14:18

The brand I take is a Jamison product...but I don't think you can get it in the states. I have lost 7.5 lbs since starting it...a couple weeks ago.

ladibug Mon, Dec-10-01 15:55

thanks

Thanks you so much for responding. I think I am going to get a carb-burner (even if it is different than the one you have) I feel like I need some help. lol!!!!

Congrats on the 7.5 pounds, that is so awesome. I notice your stats are really looking good. Keep it up. Hey, it may not be the pills it may just be the low-carbing who knows!!!!!!!!! What matters is you are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!

gwilson38 Tue, Dec-11-01 15:12

Hey Lil

Thanks for the info...the drugstore where I shop carries a lot of Jamison products not sure I have seen that tho. Its just called carb burner? With the holidays coming I may need a boost come Janurary....lol

lilwannabe Thu, Dec-13-01 12:51

Hey GW...it's called Slim Down Carb and Fat Burner...and I find it really helpful for speeding up my weightloss.

shae Tue, Jan-15-02 18:34

slim down carb & fat burner

what drugs store did you buy the jamison slim down carb & and fat burner from?

thanks! :roll: :cool:

tamarian Tue, Jan-15-02 18:57

Re: slim down carb & fat burner

Quote:
Originally posted by shae
what drugs store did you buy the jamison slim down carb & and fat burner from?

Hi Shae, I saw them at the Superstore. Keep in mind however, that they may possibly work against you, as fatty acids are essential to weight loss, and there is no benefit from blocking them. To block fats, is the same as following low-fat and low-calorie diets, short term loss, then yo-you dieting. Just my $0.02 worth.

Wa'il

gwilson38 Wed, Jan-16-02 09:56

Hi Shae

Just wanted to welcome U here...as U can see im just a little south of U in Calgary. Make sure U do a post in the introduction section to let us know about yourself.

shae Fri, Jan-18-02 17:32

Hi Lil

I was wondering if you are still taking the Jamison carb blocker & how it is going for you? :daze:

Shae

nwkidintwn Fri, Feb-22-02 14:02

BDK and Carb Burners

Hi! I'm the New Kid In Town :wave: And I have recently switched from the atkins diet to the calp (carb addicts lifespan plan) diet. However, I'm concerned. Will I still continue to lose without BDK? And what is a carb burner? Is it a carb blocker???? Like the ones with northern white kidney bean? :confused :

IslandGirl Fri, Feb-22-02 16:51

Jamison not a Carb BLOCKER

Hi y'all.

If I'm remembering correctly from when I checked the Ingredients List of the Jamison Slimdown products (two bottles in one box), there wasn't an actual Carb Blocker in there (no kidney bean extract, phaseolimin, etc.). It was mostly helpful nutritional supplements and a bit of fiber, I'm pretty sure.

If the plan you choose to use works for you (in losing bodyfat), these kinds of supplements will help, but they don't cause the weight loss, only ASSIST your metabolism in working properly as you metabolize the bodyfat.

Hope this helps!