Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Vancouver dinner, Stepho's (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=23615)

Ruth Tue, Oct-16-01 22:26

Vancouver dinner, Stepho's

I'm hankering for Greek food ~ Stepho's, Rachel likes the idea a lot too. Anyone interested? I'm craving fried cheese & roast lamb with a heap of greek salad. I've already decided what I'll have. That's pathetic isn't it?

Possibilities:
Oct 23 or 24 (Tues/Wed)
Oct 31 (Wed) yes, it's Halloween,
Nov 7 (Wed)

If these dates don't work, how about Thursdays? I'm busy with ESL Oct 30 & Nov 6. (Tues)

Hope to hear from all the LC folks in the Lower Mainland.

Ruthie

Karen Tue, Oct-16-01 22:44

LOL! It would have been pathetic if you decided to have the spanakopita, deep fried calamari and rice pilaf.

I'll get back to you on the dates. I think either the 23-24 would work for me. I'm away for 10 days after that.

Karen

tamarian Tue, Oct-16-01 23:15

Yes, I miss Stepho's! All date's are o.k. for me.

Wa'il

IslandGirl Tue, Oct-16-01 23:51

but but but....

... perhaps a dumb question, but what is it with Wednesdays?!? Why not a Saturday or Sunday? Seriously, folks, I would very much like to know.

ps: isn't Karen teaching on the 24th? hmmm?

Karen Wed, Oct-17-01 00:21

Thanks for reminding me Judi! I'm teaching on the 22, 23 and 24th, so all those dates are out, but have fun without me! ;)

Karen

r.mines Wed, Oct-17-01 07:29

All dates are fine with me, too. I also don't mind a Sat. or Sun., as Judi suggests.

I want the fried cheese, lamb, and salad too! Yum!

Rachel

Ruth Wed, Oct-17-01 09:10

Sat & Sun OK

Not too sure why we like Wednesdays. I'm ok with Sat or Sun. Does this mean you'll hop on the ferry and join us? Maybe even bring some other Vancouver Island LC people?

Sat Nov 3 is not good for me, there's a wedding reception.

Ruth

Karen Wed, Oct-17-01 09:21

...but Sunday November 4th is good for me. I'll be back!

Judi! Rally the Islanders and gas up the Magic LC bus. ;)

Karen

Marlaine Wed, Oct-17-01 13:36

I'd really love to join you and get the chance to meet all of you.

Oh yeah.....and dining out would be nice too!

The only dates that work for me are the 23/24. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for the remainer of the dates.

Marlaine

Ruth Wed, Oct-17-01 23:46

Vote for a date

Ok,

I think we need a vote from those who can attend.
Either mid-week, Oct 23 or 24
Or Sunday Nov 4.

Judi, since you're the one that has to take ferries & has a longer travel time, perhaps you could line up a weekend dinner or lunch that fits with your schedule? ...like you did in June....and fill up the Magic LC bus as Karen suggested. I'd love to see you again. After all, I gotta love someone who catches me snorting in mid-laugh and makes me laugh some more. So when are you crossing the big pond next????

Ruthie :wave: :roll: :wave:

Karen Thu, Oct-18-01 00:07

November 4!

Karen

Marlaine Thu, Oct-18-01 00:11

Count me out

I just realized that I'm scheduled to work both evenings of the 23/24th. Guess I'm going to have to pass on this dinner. Hopefully next time will work for me!

r.mines Thu, Oct-18-01 07:22

Nov. 4 is fine with me. I've penciled it in!

Rachel

duchesse Thu, Oct-18-01 09:52

November 4th works for me! I am looking forward to meet you guys :)

IslandGirl Thu, Oct-18-01 16:14

what timing....

What a great idea! I'm going to see if I can lever anybody else to join me and we'll make a run for it and share the transport... my two-seater won't do so let's see what I can dig up! :daze:

An early dinner (winter ferry schedule is the PITS) or a late and leisurely lunch with (wishful thinking here) room for maybe a bit of sightseeing or whatever?

If it's *not* a run-for-the-border weekend (on behalf of the co-op), this would be delightful.