Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Hello (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125574)

Marebear Fri, Jul-25-03 07:14

Hello

Hi :dazzle:

I am new to the forum and wanted to say hi and introduce myself to everyone. I have been reading/lurking here for a few days and I love all the information and support I see here.
I am 47, married, and a mother of 2 teenage sons. My oldest has his 16th birthday on Sunday! I have a lot of weight to lose, but I'm mostly trying to focus on getting healthier and stronger. I am a complusive overeater and have dieted up to over 300 pounds. I gave up dieting years ago and worked a lot on body image issues and compulsive eating issues - learning to love my body and realise that I am much more than my body, and not to let my body define who I am. I have made a lot of progress, but now I need to change my eating since I am insulin resistant. This time I am looking at it as a WOL and not a diet. I love low carbing, it really takes away my cravings for sweets and other carbs like chips. I exercise 6 times a week and have just started back into weight lifting and I'm excited about getting stronger.

:wiggle:

Mary

pepsi max Fri, Jul-25-03 08:18

hello mary,
wellcome to the forum, you,ll get lots of support here.
good luck on your weightloss journey.l-c is a good woe to help insulin resistance.
stay focused.

christine

josiekat Fri, Jul-25-03 08:35

Hi Mary,

Welcome! There is a terrific bunch of people here who are very helpful and very supportive. Congratulations to you on your journey to a healthier you. I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you!

Have a great weekend,

Jo

tgill32177 Fri, Jul-25-03 09:11

Welcome Mary!!!

Welcome Mary!!! So glad you found us!!!

Look forward to getting to know you!!

Tanya

MisterE Fri, Jul-25-03 10:51

Glad to have another smiling face to share the health train! :yay:

neen Sun, Jul-27-03 00:15

Hello

Welcome. Here you will find a wealth of knowledge and support. Chin up and keep it up.
Neen

liz175 Sun, Jul-27-03 08:30

Welcome Mary,

It sounds like you have already done a lot of the mental work that is necessary to succeed at this! This forum is a great place to pick up the rest of what you need -- information about what to eat -- as well as to provide support as you continue working on the psychological issues surrounding losing weight.

JYounginer Tue, Jul-29-03 09:45

Welcome to the forum. I'm very new here myself. Maybe you can give us some advice on working on our inner self! :smile:

Joni
Little Rock, AR

Sngbrd45 Tue, Jul-29-03 13:19

You are doing great! I'm not able to do as much exercising as you yet but that surely will help you achieve your goals even better to have such good stamina... Keep up the good work.
:cheer:Pat:cheer:

PattyCT Tue, Jul-29-03 14:49

Welcome Mary! I am very glad that you have found our corner of the world... you will find the people here are just fantastic... and truly understand where you have been and where you are going.

Best of luck to you!! I would love to hear about how you have worked on your body image issues---in fact, I'm sure a lot of us would

Patty