Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I finally broke the 300 barrier :) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=134505)

vegasman Tue, Sep-02-03 00:36

I finally broke the 300 barrier :)

It's been probably 2 years or more since I weighed less than 300.

I've noticed what happens with me on this plan is I'll drop a few pounds say from 305 to 301, and then for about a week or so I teeter up and down between those two numbers and then all of a sudden I'll lose a few more pounds and then teeter back and forth between those numbers.

So with that in mind I'm prepared to see myself teeter back and forth from 298 to 301 and not get depressed...LOL

Because sometime in the next week or so it'll drop again.

Vel Tue, Sep-02-03 03:37

Excellent, Vegasman! I well remember the thrill of getting below 300! After your little "teetering time" then that should be the last time in your life you ever see 300!

Keep up the great work.

MisterE Tue, Sep-02-03 05:13

Congratulations! I am working hard toward getting rid of the 4's! I know you have to be proud!

tulips Tue, Sep-02-03 05:39

Great job, vegasman....as long as you keep going down keep teetering isn't bad!!!! LoL....I'm so looking forward to breaking the 300lb mark...I bet you're looking wonderful!!!!!!

diemde Tue, Sep-02-03 05:41

Congratulations!!! It's such a good feeling, isn't it? Just be sure to set yourself another mental goal. I noticed a bit of a let down when I realized how far away the next major number is! It's so far away. So I decided to celebrate when I get below 275!

redawn Tue, Sep-02-03 06:47

as I lose more weight the week teetering turned into a month of teetering. . .between 230 and 225. . .and then between 225 and 220 and now right around 220. . .I am getting 12 inches cut off my hair in a month. . .i would love that to be the pund that takes me under 200. . .not likely . . .but I would love it! redawn:)

Sinbad Tue, Sep-02-03 06:56

Congrats vegasman! :) :yay:

LavndrMoon Tue, Sep-02-03 07:50

You must be so proud of yourself! I am rooting for you! I, myself can't wait to hit 300! GOOD LUCK with yourfuture goals and GOD BLESS.

vegasman Tue, Sep-02-03 09:22

Thx guys.

Yeah it is great to break such a barrier.

I never in my life ever thought I'd ever weigh over 300. I remember the first time I ever broke 200, I quickly lost the weight and didn't break it again until I got on this downward spiral that led to 300.

My next big goal is 250. My mini goal right now is to get to a point that my weight when teetering stays below 300 :)

Good luck to you guys as well, and thanks for the positive energy.

aneredac Tue, Sep-02-03 09:32

Oh congratulations!! :dazzle: :Party:
Thanks for sharing your good news! Breaking 300 hundred is also one of my goals, but it will take me awhile to get there yet, but I am working on it, and it will come.
I love your idea of teetering, as we all do it, and like you said, as long as the upper teeter number keeps going down, you're still losing weight.
ANd sometimes the teeter is due to those scales. Mine can vary by at least three pounds in 30 seconds!!
oh, but who would ever need to weigh themselves more than once at a time??!! :rolleyes:
Treat yourself nice, you deserve it!!

Rena

vegasman Tue, Sep-02-03 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneredac
Oh congratulations!! :dazzle: :Party:

oh, but who would ever need to weigh themselves more than once at a time??!! :rolleyes:

Rena

LOL I know exactly what you mean.

They always tell you NOT to weigh daily...but hey what about hourly? ;)

Ellen-mom Tue, Sep-02-03 11:49

Wow, that is excellent!! I can't wait to get to that point. It has been about 3 years or so since I saw the Underside of 300 myself!!! Congrats on the great weight loss!!

BelmontLil Tue, Sep-02-03 12:46

Congrats And Keep Up The Great Work.

madmike Tue, Sep-02-03 13:07

WAY TO GO VEGASMAN! That is awesome. I know exactly what you are talking about in the teetering between weights. I will hit an alltime low, then next day be up two, then back to that weight again, then up one, then up another, then back to the alltime low again. Its when I hit a new alltime low that I know I am losing. KEEP IT UP! mad

liz175 Tue, Sep-02-03 18:03

Congratulations! My weight loss follows a similar pattern -- I seem to need to lose every pound two or three times before it finally stays off.