Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Salted Roasted Peanuts (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=185308)

ellenincol Tue, May-18-04 13:26

Salted Roasted Peanuts

I ate some peanuts last night as a "dinner replacement". I leave work at 5:30 and go to school from 6-9:30 so dinner options are quite limited for me and with 7-11 right next store, I don't have much to choose from.

Did I do any damage to my OWL? I try to stay in induction but I know I blew it yesterday with the 15 grams of carbs I ate with 3 oz of peanuts!

I post to fit day but I don't know how to guide you to my postings. Can anyone help me with this also? I have poked around on the website but I can't seem to find the feature that allows others to view your daily food intake.

Thanks so much!

mssusthang Tue, May-18-04 13:31

If you did do any damage it will be temporary if you get right back to it.

Don't stress about it. Only suggestion is to bring some better choices along with you so you can eat before class.

I work 7 am - 5:30 pm and I eat my last meal of the day at work. They don't mind me eating at my desk.

ncskibabe Tue, May-18-04 13:32

Did you subtract the fiber? Maybe not all that bad.

blue4lemon Tue, May-18-04 13:51

Definitely do not leave your health and carb intake up to what they have at the convenience store. A better option (if you didn't do what you should have and BROUGHT food with you) would have been pork rinds.

JustForFun Tue, May-18-04 13:52

From Fitday:

"Peanuts, roasted, salted - 3 oz."

16 carbs
8 fiber
8 NET CARBS

JFF::D

poisinivy Tue, May-18-04 14:43

When you log into fitday, click on the home tab. Choose make my journal public. The address will come up and you can copy and paste it into your posts or into your permanent signature.

ellenincol Tue, May-18-04 15:27

how ARE Pork Rinds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4lemon
Definitely do not leave your health and carb intake up to what they have at the convenience store. A better option (if you didn't do what you should have and BROUGHT food with you) would have been pork rinds.

You know, I picked up a package of those things yesterday but I put them back because I just couldn't see myself eating them.

What do they taste like??

mssusthang Tue, May-18-04 15:37

I have never been able to stomach pork rinds. ugh.

But that is my opinion. As far as snacks go ... I just always bring something with me ... like macadamia nuts (1 oz.) or celery/cucumber and dip.

BlitzedAng Tue, May-18-04 16:03

mssusthang... stop making my tummy growl... Ohh MACS ((drool))

mssusthang Tue, May-18-04 16:10

sorry ;) me too!

Dawna Tue, May-18-04 16:35

I could not see myself eating prok rinds as a dinner option. Both are loaded with salt and fat. The peanuts, however, are at least nutritionally sound. The pork rinds are nutritionally void. high fat, high calorie and high salt.

suzanneM Tue, May-18-04 17:17

I agree, they are void. However, in a pinch I'll eat them - they satisfy that "crunchy" urge. They sort of taste like crunchy bacon. I can do bbq and salt & vinegar. Also, I've found that I only really like the truely cheap ones - I like them to be very puffy and not hard.

I've read where folks crumble and use for breading but I've not tried that yet.

Peanuts? Love 'em. Can't have them. But in a pinch, they'll work.

suzanneM Tue, May-18-04 17:18

Oh, by the way - I have noticed that some convenience stores sell hard-boiled eggs! I've seen them in 7-11s, in the little refridgerated sections where they sell deli sandwiches. Maybe those and a slice of cheese next emergency?

Dawna Tue, May-18-04 17:26

I've just thought of Slim Jim's, beef jerky and sunflower seeds that sell in small packets. These should all be available at a convenience store.

The LC granola store bought cereals could also be eaten as a snack. One could also make their own LC granola. Dana Carpender has a recipe or two in her book, I believe, or you could do a search. Lots of nutrition and fiber there.

Itty Wed, May-19-04 08:10

HI

I would not weigh myself for a day or two, because lovely salted nuts usually make me retain water, 2-3 lbs worth, depending on the volume of nuts I eat.

M