Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   whoosh fairy - FINALLY came!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=49354)

upncomer Tue, Jul-02-02 17:40

whoosh fairy - FINALLY came!!

Hey everybody!
Haven't been posting for a while - kind of feeling sorry for myself. I had been doing so well, losing pounds and inches at a nice pace. Then, for all of May and most of June, no weight loss. Luckily I wasn't gaining, but I wasn't losing either. Maybe it was because I changed jobs and my stress level was high - but I never gave up.

Well, I weighed myself today at work and the whoosh fairy came and claimed 6 pounds!!! Luckily we are in shutdown so very few people were around to see me doing the happy dance. I think what makes me the most happy is that I have finally reached the 50# mark. Sometimes I feel as if I haven't lost anything (even though I am fitting into smaller sizes) - but once I hit the 50# loss mark I KNOW I have lost weight! I know it sounds stupid, but it was very important to me.

My faith in myself and this WOL has been renewed! Thanks for letting me share!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

DarkLotus Tue, Jul-02-02 18:45

congrats to you! :D I hope to be at that mark in about 2 weeks too

Lovetotest Tue, Jul-02-02 19:53

Wonderful!!!

Hi there,

Congratulations for hanging in there. See your hard work and perserverance has paid off. That she remind you to never give up and just trust that if you follow the program, you will be rewarded. Maybe just not in our time. Bravo...WTG

Hugs,
Linda :D

Victoria Tue, Jul-02-02 21:30

Yippee! I wish we could see you do the HAPPY DANCE! My son does a hilarious "Irish jig", so that's how I'm imagining you. ;)

Perserverance!!! It's not always fun to learn, but invaluable in the long run. A good life lesson. ;) I think we all have to learn to get thru the slow periods. Glad to see you hit the 50 lb. marker. I know that feels good. :thup: Victoria

Shark01 Wed, Jul-03-02 07:40

As Homer Simpson would say.......WooHoo :D

Now on to 75 (my next stop too) ;)

upncomer Wed, Jul-03-02 09:57

When I started this WOE back in January, that final weight seemed so far away - it felt IMPOSSIBLE to get to. Now that I have hit 50, I KNOW it is not impossible anymore. But it had to be the magic number "50" - don't ask me why :daze:

And, since I have to lose roughly 150# anyway, my next chunk will be at the 100# mark.

Thanks all for your support through everything. Even though I haven't posted in a few weeks, I faithfully read every day. I have even got my cubemate at work to start this WOL - which actually helps me because now I CAN'T screw up!!

shyoned Fri, Jul-05-02 06:49

Send the whoosh fairy my way....I'll even give her directions!!

TeriDoodle Fri, Jul-05-02 07:31

Wow Darla!!!! That is SO awesome!!! Congratulations to you for your perseverance!! Yea!!!!!!!! :hyper:

It is really frustrating to never see that scale move... I went through 7 weeks of that also, but it truly is a powerful lesson when it DOES start moving again!! I know that I breathed a big "WHEW!!!" and was patting myself on the back big time for not giving up during that time. Same goes to you..... WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

upncomer Sat, Jul-06-02 19:04

But, you know, even when the scales weren't moving, I could feel myself losing inches. And THAT was what kept me going!!!

Now, I wouldn't stop if you paid me! :D

suze_c Wed, Sep-18-02 20:44

The Wooooshhhhh Fairy

I start faithfully this Friday... doing kinda a pre-diet thing here so my system doesn't go into shock :lol: I only knew what I weighed from going to a dr., as my scale says error once you are over 300#!! So when I get on it, and it actually has a weight for me instead of that durned error msg ... I will be doing that dance! :wiggle: Here's to that wooooshhhhh fairy coming SOON!!!

upncomer Fri, Sep-20-02 12:22

I have given up on the scales - they only made me angry if I didn't lose as fast as I hoped. So now I only weigh myself every month to two months - then I am very happy and surprised at the loss!

My next weigh-in is at the end of September.

If I don't weigh in all of the time, I don't think of myself on a DIET - it is just a WOL. I feel a little more like those who don't have to lose weight.

UtahKat Fri, Sep-20-02 12:53

I'm really convinced now that the whoosh fairy visits those good little boys and girls who DRINK THEIR DARN WATER!!! At least it worked that way for me. But I hid him in a closet and don't plan to let him out!

That weighing stuff- you sure have more will power than me! I am so obsessed, that is the second thing :lol: I do in the morning around 5 AM!! Not weighing 10 times a day is a victory for me.
Hugs,
Kat