Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I'm a size 6!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=138697)

LCMama1 Mon, Sep-22-03 12:21

I'm a size 6!!!

Oh My!!!

I bought a size 6, just for kicks, got it home, put in on - and IT FIT!!! I want to yell to the world: "HEY... I'm a size 6!!!!!!!"

If someone would have told me that I could go from a size 16 to a size 6 in 3 1/2 months, and felt great while doing it... I would not have believed them. I would have laughed. But miracles do happen.

Sure there have been challenges, but my goal has always helped keep me on track. I'm not even to my goal weight/bodyfat level yet. When people ask if I'm off the diet, I have to explain I'm not going off. This is a way of life for me now. I'll add more fruits and veggies, but I'm not going to mess with success - and how wonderful I feel.

Strange side effect: a medicine cabinet full of medicines that I haven't touched in 3 1/2 months! (Well, maybe a couple Advil...)

I'm soooOOOOoooOOOooooo happy to be a size 6! I did it! YEAH!

I hope everybody is doing well!

-Darcy

2Airedales Mon, Sep-22-03 12:34

YEAH!!!! Good for you!!

Way to go! Doesn't it feel great?

I LOOOOVE shopping now!

Paleoanth Mon, Sep-22-03 12:37

Congrats Darcy! You might even want to rethink your weight goal now. I have found that I am smaller at my current weight than I was last time I weighed this.

Size 6 is wonderful!

sgab4415 Mon, Sep-22-03 20:46

congrats on your success, i hope one day soon i can feel as close to my goal as you are to yours now!!
:Party:susie

McBear Mon, Sep-22-03 21:05

That's so amazing to read - congratulations! And continued health and happiness to you!

Isiar Mon, Sep-22-03 21:41

Way to go!!!!!
Congratulations and thank you for sharing...I love to hear success stories, they keep me going and yes miracles happens!

hey_Neener Tue, Sep-23-03 01:06

Congrats to you! I can only dream of getting to a size 6! I don't know if my bones are that small! Great work!

RandiS Tue, Sep-23-03 01:08

Congrats! I felt the same way when I first fit into a size 6!! Keep up the great work!

siara28 Tue, Sep-23-03 17:27

Congrats to you!!!! I am getting close to that size 6 also, so I feel your excitement!
Congrats!!!!

Heidi

surrender Tue, Sep-23-03 20:33

:yay: That is awsome!!! Thank you for sharing your success with us.. I admire you and hope you have nothing but great days ahead.
God Bless you! Keep on LCing. :doah:

thenewme Wed, Sep-24-03 01:45

WOO HOO.... congrats congrats... I know the feeling I am a size 6 now but can fit into a size four loosely... I was so excited I went to Foley's last weekend and bought my first pair of size 4's... came home and pranced around them in front of my hubby.... he thought I was a nut... but who cares I'm A SIZE 4. What a awesome feeling and to think in January of this year I was a size 18... a tight fitting 18. All the exercises and the no cheating and lifestyle change on eating habits was so well worth it. I love myself so much... I can't walk past a mirror without checking me out. Its awesome to be thin.

Wenzday Wed, Sep-24-03 05:38

WOW! I cannot imagine but you can bet I'll be posting about it someday too! ;) congrats!

skelk Thu, Sep-25-03 14:56

A Mans point of view.

Please tell me size 6 is different in the States than in the UK?

Jbbrennan Fri, Sep-26-03 18:28

A USA size 6 would be a UK size 8, or 58 cm waist.

skelk Wed, Oct-01-03 15:47

wow.

well done you guys.