Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Niki's Creamy Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust...with pic :) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=355890)

NicoleRene Thu, Nov-22-07 12:47

Niki's Creamy Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust...with pic :)

I made this crust before, but Michael was allergic to the flaxseed meal so I didn't use it and it turned out great without it. I fiddled around with the pumpkin pie filling and it was really nice too. Anyways, here it is...ENJOY!!!

Niki's Creamy Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust

Ingredients

Pecan Pie Crust
3/4 cup almond flour
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup of chopped pecans
Sweetzfree or Splenda to taste

(u can add a pinch of salt if you like...I just try not to use salt if I don't have to)

Pumpkin Pie Filling
15 ounce can pumpkin
2 eggs
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp heavy cream
1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice
dash cinnamon
dash nutmeg

Directions
Pecan Crust
Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add Splenda to melted butter; pour over dry ingredients. Mix well and spread in 9" pie plate. Bake at 375º about 10-12 minutes until set and lightly browned. Cool, then fill pie.

Pumpkin Pie Filling
Soften cream cheese and put in mixing bowl with all other ingredients. Mix well with blender. Spread out on top of crust. Bake in oven at 350º for 40 minutes or until firm to touch.
Let cool completely before serving.
Add whip cream on top (that is not added into these nutritional facts), and top with pecans if desired.
ENJOY!!!

Number of Servings: 8

Nutritional Info

* Servings Per Recipe: 8
* Amount Per Serving
* Calories: 318.8
* Total Fat: 30.2 g
* Cholesterol: 114.2 mg
* Sodium: 111.4 mg
* Total Carbs: 7.3 g
* Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g
* Protein: 5.4 g

rightnow Fri, Nov-23-07 18:11

Thanks Niki! That looks awesome!

lynn64 Fri, Nov-23-07 18:42

Yummy!! Can't wait to try it! Thanks!

kath310 Wed, Nov-28-07 21:49

Niki,

Thank you so much for posting this. I made it this past weekend for my family's Thanksgiving dinner and even the non-lc'ers loved it. The crust was awesome. After I blind-baked it, I was ready to eat it without adding the filling...mmmm!

I forgot to get the cream cheese out to soften, so it didn't totally blend in...there were tiny specs of white in my pie. My sister, who knows I'm lc'ing and not afraid to experiment, said "is there cauliflower in here??" :P

My dh gave the last two pieces to my friend when he dropped my daughter off for babysitting. Boo :( I was looking forward to another piece, but I guess he's watching my portions for me!

Saffronly Fri, Sep-12-08 22:20

*bump* it is getting close to Thanksgiving here in the US, Canada too (I think??)

2bflawless Sun, Oct-12-08 20:11

I made this recipe yesterday w/o pecans and it was delicious. Very simple and quick to make. Certainly can not tell the difference between it and regular pumpkin pie. I used Sweetfreeze about 4-5 drops and it was perfect, looked pretty too. I whipped some HC to top it off, perfect with espresso.

livesimply Mon, Oct-13-08 19:18

has anyone tried making just the pie filling in custard cups? in the oven or in the microwave? I have a 1/2 can of filling and this sounds really good, but I have no idea how long I'd cook it for. THANKS!

2bflawless Mon, Oct-13-08 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesimply
has anyone tried making just the pie filling in custard cups? in the oven or in the microwave? I have a 1/2 can of filling and this sounds really good, but I have no idea how long I'd cook it for. THANKS!

I would believe you could cook it for the same time but watch it closely. Plus you may to place custard cups in a roasting pan place in oven then add water in the pan, fill it half way. Be careful to remove custard cups individually when done as to not burn yourself attempting to lift roasting pan with all that water. Hth, sounds like a great idea.

GrooveJock Mon, Nov-10-08 11:49

We made this last night. It is awesome.

As with everything I baked, I added 1/4 cup of Erythritol and about 6 drops of Sweetzfree.

I cant wait to have a slice today :) Gotta go the gym first.

NoBREAD Sun, Nov-08-09 22:00

Bump

It's getting close to Thanksgiving. I'd like to try this.

mememe2009 Sun, Nov-22-09 10:57

? about pumpkinpie recipe

so does this mean that each slice has 3.6 carbs and how much splenda did you use ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleRene
I made this crust before, but Michael was allergic to the flaxseed meal so I didn't use it and it turned out great without it. I fiddled around with the pumpkin pie filling and it was really nice too. Anyways, here it is...ENJOY!!!

Niki's Creamy Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust

Ingredients

Pecan Pie Crust
3/4 cup almond flour
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup of chopped pecans

(u can add a pinch of salt if you like...I just try not to use salt if I don't have to)

Pumpkin Pie Filling
15 ounce can pumpkin
2 eggs
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp heavy cream
1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice
dash cinnamon
dash nutmeg

Directions
Pecan Crust
Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add Splenda to melted butter; pour over dry ingredients. Mix well and spread in 9" pie plate. Bake at 375º about 10-12 minutes until set and lightly browned. Cool, then fill pie.

Pumpkin Pie Filling
Soften cream cheese and put in mixing bowl with all other ingredients. Mix well with blender. Spread out on top of crust. Bake in oven at 350º for 40 minutes or until firm to touch.
Let cool completely before serving.
Add whip cream on top (that is not added into these nutritional facts), and top with pecans if desired.
ENJOY!!!

Number of Servings: 8

Nutritional Info

* Servings Per Recipe: 8
* Amount Per Serving
* Calories: 318.8
* Total Fat: 30.2 g
* Cholesterol: 114.2 mg
* Sodium: 111.4 mg
* Total Carbs: 7.3 g
* Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g
* Protein: 5.4 g

NoBREAD Mon, Nov-23-09 20:56

MeMeMe 2009, Doesn't look like Nicolerene has been around for a while. May just have to experiment with it a bit. I'll be making mine sometime on Wednesday. I wouldn't imagine that the crust would need much splenda if any. Not sure about the filling.

NoBREAD Wed, Nov-25-09 18:35

I'm getting ready to make this now. Will let you know how it turns out.

NoBREAD Thu, Nov-26-09 21:51

This pie turned out well. I used just a tablespoon of splenda in the crust and one cup in the filling. It was the perfect sweetness. It take a while to firm up though but was very good.