Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   what's the best breakfast after induction? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=130675)

Fiona mcK Fri, Aug-15-03 05:14

what's the best breakfast after induction?

I bought some very low carb bread and I'm looking forward to a piece of toast in the AM... should be with egg? or meat?

MaryToU Fri, Aug-15-03 07:17

It can be with what ever you want.

Quest Fri, Aug-15-03 09:12

I'm a rebel on breakfast. I usually eat something I really like (most likely leftovers). Today I had scallop and mushroom soup. Slurp!

When I travelled in Asia a few years ago I got the idea of soup for breakfast. In Thailand we would be offered a kind of make your own soup buffet with hot chicken broth, strips of veggies, shreds of chicken, and crushed peanuts. Sounds like Atkins to me!

lkonzelman Fri, Aug-15-03 09:15

You should be thinking outside the box.... Breakfast foods are a state of mind.

jodyellen Fri, Aug-15-03 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryToU
It can be with what ever you want.

and what ever YOU want.........j

Paulie-M Fri, Aug-15-03 10:07

Fiona,

I still like my eggs for breakfast - they fill me up.

fridayeyes Fri, Aug-15-03 10:34

This is a no-brainer for me. :)

Coffee with cream, 2 slices of LC toast, 2 oz cream cheese, 3 oz lox.

If I'm out of lox, I use egg salad instead nad have a chunk of cheese or a few slices of deli ham. Less exciting but I can make it ahead so then there's no cooking.

Cheers,

Friday

lkonzelman Fri, Aug-15-03 16:12

Actually I liked some full fat yogurt (can subtract 8 carbs from 1 cup because of the active cultures) w/ some splenda, and some SF jam

OR

1/2 ricotta cheese w/ either: 1 tsp hersheys cocoa (has no sugar), 1 tsp splenda, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 Tbs heavy cream (like chocolate pudding) OR w/ cinnamon, 1 tsp splenda, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 Tbs heavy cream (like rice pudding)

Fiona mcK Fri, Aug-15-03 16:39

yum -- sounds like good advice to me! I like my breakfast box... ;) It's the later in the day stuff that scares me. No not really, I feel like I'm in control, a couple of morning carbs won't ruin my progress. The cream cheese and lox sounds great...! The puddings sound like I might NOT need to bread after all.he he he! thanks a lot for the suggestions!

Fiona mcK Fri, Aug-15-03 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkonzelman
Actually I liked some full fat yogurt (can subtract 8 carbs from 1 cup because of the active cultures) w/ some splenda, and some SF jam

OR

1/2 ricotta cheese w/ either: 1 tsp hersheys cocoa (has no sugar), 1 tsp splenda, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 Tbs heavy cream (like chocolate pudding) OR w/ cinnamon, 1 tsp splenda, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 Tbs heavy cream (like rice pudding)

That sounds awesome... I assume you meant 1/2 cup ricotta?

lkonzelman Fri, Aug-15-03 18:25

Yes... thanks.

Fiona mcK Fri, Aug-15-03 18:28

thank YOU, i can't wait to try BOTH!

blue_eyes_ Sat, Aug-16-03 15:06

Could someone please tell me what LOX is?
Thanks

Quest Sat, Aug-16-03 15:21

Lox is smoked salmon, traditionally eaten with bagels in NYC, or with rye bread in Scandanavia. It's often served with capers and chopped onions.

Fiona mcK Sat, Aug-16-03 18:37

ohhh quest, that is making me hungry. I don't think we can get Lox in provincial subarbia of Western Massachusetts... I will probably have to go into the "big city"... Springfield. THEY will probably have LOX... great idea!