Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Hello size 16! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=142833)

relliott1 Tue, Oct-14-03 11:26

Hello size 16!

Well hello, size 16 jeans! When I saw you on the clearance rack for $6.99, I figured that you were such a good price that I would take you home with me and let you hang out in my dresser until I could fit in to you. When I got you home, I decided to try you on, just to see how far I had to go until we could be together. Lo and behold, you fit! You are a little snug in some areas, but I guess that is how jeans of your style (misses bootcut) are supposed to fit. This morning I was so elated at the prospect of my new friend I had found, that I pulled you on and wore you to work. You have earned me a lot of compliments today, dear size 16 jeans :D And if I do say so myself, you do make me look darn good!

So hello, size 16 jeans! It has been many years since I have had this close of a relationship with any of your siblings or cousins. I do thoroughly enjoy our relationship, but I hope you won't be too offended when I say that I hope we move on from each other soon - I think it's only fair to share myself with a size 14 jean soon ;)

sandylevit Tue, Oct-14-03 11:34

that was so funny. just loved reading it!!

sandy

Hilary M Tue, Oct-14-03 11:34

Congratulations on fitting into a size 16! We have very similar stats; I just started wearing my old 16s and tossed all my 18s a few weeks ago. Feels great to be getting rid of clothes because they're too BIG, doesn't it?

AzureMoon Tue, Oct-14-03 11:38

What a charming post! Congrats on the Size 16's!

JulieL Tue, Oct-14-03 11:45

Congrats! And what a great post!

:Party:

Julie

Rachelle Tue, Oct-14-03 12:24

Cute little story... Congratulations... Must feel nice to think you wouldn't fit into them and sort of have them as a goal... just to find out you fit into them :)

verniebird Tue, Oct-14-03 12:31

Terrific read! I loved it. Congrats and good luck on moving to size 14

LCMama1 Tue, Oct-14-03 12:44

Wooo hoooo! Congrats! It feels so good! Before you know it the size 16's will be too big - just you wait - it will happen!

Marchstart Tue, Oct-14-03 12:53

size 16 was a great goal for me too....Im still in a few 16's but mostly 14's now...
before you know it ......14 here you come!!!!
you should be so proud.........

shortstuff Tue, Oct-14-03 13:27

Hey R - you didn't brag about this when we chatted. Congratulations. :yay: My little four-legged buddy says conga rats, too. :wiggle:

L

shortstuff

relliott1 Tue, Oct-14-03 13:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstuff
Hey R - you didn't brag about this when we chatted. Congratulations. :yay: My little four-legged buddy says conga rats, too. :wiggle:

L

shortstuff

Hey Shortstuff! This was a new revelation - just discovered last night ;)

Thanks for the congrats everyone! It sure feels good :D That is 4 sizes down for me!

prmichel Tue, Oct-14-03 15:28

I loved your post! I know exactly how you feel, as I recently got back into my 16's also. AND they are starting to feel a little....loose.
:)