Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   new living in melbourne please help (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=64252)

taac Fri, Oct-04-02 04:00

new living in melbourne please help

:wave: Hi Ive ben on atkins a couple of months now havent really lost much weight on scales but heaps of inches. Ive been off protein for 2 weeks tragedy in family eating heaps of carbs started back this week have had nothing but the runs. has this happened to anyone else when they have had carbs and then gone back to protein ? This is worrying me a bit. Really in need of support at present getting sick of bacon & eggs for breaky needing bread does anyone know where to get some lowcarb? Hope to hear from you all soon. This is my 1st time here.

Rosebud Fri, Oct-04-02 04:51

Hi there Taac, welcome to another Aussie!

Matey, I'm sorry to hear you've had a family tragedy. Good on you for getting "back on the wagon."

Suddenly reintroducing a higher level of fat can give you the runs. If it's still bothering you, the best treatment is paradoxically also the best treatment for constipation: psyllium husks. You can buy 'em in supermarkets, chemists or health food shops. Just mix a tablespoon into a full glass of water. It doesn't taste crash hot -just drink it down fast!

I occasionally eat Country Life's "Alpha Life" bread. At 5.1g net carbs per slice it's fairly "expensive" but an occasional slice of cheese on toast or toast slathered with butter and Vegemite makes a nice change.

I almost never eat bacon and eggs anymore - boring! (Never thought I'd say that!) I've learnt to eat "outside the box" and have whatever I like for brekkie. I love chicken wings or a couple of lamb chops or cutlets. I also often make enough dinner the night before so I can have leftovers for brekkie. Another good idea is frittata "muffins." Just a mix of eggs, cream, cheese and whatever else you want - canned salmon, chopped ham, cooked spinach or other vegies - and bake them in a muffin tray. Very nice cold as well as hot.

Have a good look around here, matey. Check the Low Carb Tips on the orange bar at the top of the screen for some good stuff.
And don't forget to check out our Aussie forum.

Cheers!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

taac Fri, Oct-04-02 05:42

thanks rosebud for your prompt reply it was great to hear from you. im a little confused about where to post my questions. its great to be able to talk to aussies even though everyone is great it just good to know that people here are doing lowcarbing too and maybe we can all get some helpful info as to where to find things in supermarkets. thankyou for the info on the running to the toilet that ive been doing. ill see how iam tomorrow it just worried me a little. i hope i find my way around here soon . have a great night . By the way how long have you be lcarbing and which program did you start with? talk to you soon. bye

Rosebud Fri, Oct-04-02 06:11

G'day again matey,
Quote:
im a little confused about where to post my questions.

It doesn't matter all that much. Although it's a good idea to only post the one question in the one place - otherwise people who answer may get confused about differing info.

The "Newbies' Questions" forum is good for, well, newbies' questions. ;) In fact if you go to "Hot Links" there, there are links to lots of old threads where you might find answers to questions you haven't thought of yet. :D

I've been doing Atkins all this year. My loss is slow, mainly because of some medications I'm on, but I see this as the way I'll eat forever - the weight loss is a happy by product.

Two more suggestions: First, have a look at the Low Carb Yellow Pages at the right side of the screen. You may see some local product or place info there.

Last suggestion: how about starting up a journal here? It's a good way to keep track of stuff and for other members to drop in and visit to encourage you.

Cheers!

:rose:Rosebud:rose: