Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Weighing?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=82089)

marleegirl Thu, Jan-23-03 08:00

Weighing??

Ok...I'm having this problem with weighing myself. I used to do it twice a day and at times it can become very discouraging. I am thinking about not weighing myself again until my clothes do not fit?? Do you think that is a good idea? Or should I monitor my weight. Please let me know.

I do feel my clothes getting looser by the minute :D

LittleAnne Thu, Jan-23-03 09:12

Should I weigh myself regularly?

How often you weigh is very much a personal thing. I weigh myself first thing in the morning and last thing at night every day. The two weights are usually about 4 pounds apart, which is to be expected. Usually when you weigh first thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom, you are at your lightest. I use my weight as a guide and do not get obsessed when the scales go up a pound or two for no apparent reason.

Many however only weigh themselves once a week or less often as they do not want to be discouraged by small changes on the scales.

Others prefer not to use the scales at all as a measure and use the pant-o-meter. Those trousers that did not fit, but over time they do.

The choice is very much up to you and what you feel happiest with. You almost want to do a poll on this!

mkathy6 Thu, Jan-23-03 09:37

I agree it is a personal choice. At first I was weighing myself daily first thing in the morning every morning. The drops in weight were helping with motivation. Now I weigh myself every other day when I go to the gym but count my monday weigh in as my weight loss (gain) for the week.

You need to do what is good for you!! :)

marleegirl Thu, Jan-23-03 10:40

Thanks

I'm not real sure what I'm going to do. I really like the idea of the pant-o-meter. hahahaha

I think I might just start weighing once a week in the morning only.

Thanks for the advice:)

MaineDaddy Thu, Jan-23-03 10:59

Pant-o-Meter with a weekly weigh-in for me.
I can see and feel a difference throughout the week and I will not get discouraged by daily bumps in the road.

I feel good during the week and I am commited so if at the end of the week if I get a measured sucess on the scale it's a huge bonus! :thup:

GeorgiaB Thu, Jan-23-03 11:18

I like to weigh myself ever morning, but I enjoy it and don't obsess about the little ups and downs....I chart my weight and as long as there's a downward trend, I'm happy.

When I was getting fatter, I was always so terrified to get on the scale. I guess I thought if I didn't know what the number was, then I couldn't actually be that big. So now I'm trying to make friends with the scale and for me, that means getting on there a lot more than the once a year at the doc's office that I used to when I wasn't working on losing the weight.

Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable! Good luck :D