Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [BFL] Breakfast ideas (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136418)

CathyOh Wed, Sep-10-03 19:36

Breakfast ideas

Just started BFL today with LC. I'm trying to come up with some breakfast ideas that are in the neighborhood of 20 g protein and maybe around 200 calories. I'm planning on 20-25 g protein for each of the 6 meals. After checking the Hussman site if I followed BFL by the book I'd lose 9 pounds over a challenge if I kept my calories around my BMR which according to the site is around 1200. Figured I'd just as soon stick with the LC and enjoy some of the good fats. Anyway, I figured the other meals are easy but wasn't sure I wanted chicken for breakfast & lunch :) .

Meal plan
1-protein shake
2-breakfast ideas?
3-chicken w/salad
4-tuna w/veggies
5-some type of meat w/salad or veggies
6-protein shake after workout

Thanks
Cathy

LadyBelle Wed, Sep-10-03 20:38

How do you feel about fats?

One thing to try is getting an account at www.fitday.com You can enter different food combinations to get an idea of calories and protien.

1. 1/2 cup cottage cheese blended with 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt and 4 frozen strawberries. Protien: 19, calories: 186, Carb: 15 (unsure on fiber count)

2. 4 oz steak Cal: 261 Protien :20

3. 3 large egg whites scrambled with 1 cup spinich and 1 oz colby jack cheese. Cal: 196, Protien: 22, Carb: 8 (5 fiber)

4. 1 serving KETO koco krispies with 4 oz chocolate soy slender: Cal: 145 protien: 25

CathyOh Thu, Sep-11-03 07:30

Thanks for the great ideas. I had been having some yogurt with blueberries for breakfast last week but stopped cause it didn't have enough protein. Now I can just throw in 1/2 c of cottage cheese. Also figured I could use maybe 1/2 c cottage cheese and maybe an egg white or so with the cheese and spinach and bake them in muffin cups.

Thanks for such great ideas. I've been playing with fitday with your suggestions. Now I'll have to run to the food store to pick up the
spinach and cottage cheese.

badgoat Thu, Sep-11-03 08:50

Sausage Muffins!

:yum:

badgoat

Arnie_g Thu, Sep-11-03 09:15

Someone here posted this a while ago and I love it. It tastes like cheescake.

Mix some berries (strawberries, blueberries) in some Cottage Cheese with a little splenda and then blend with one of those electric hand blenders. Mmmm, it's so yummy!

Arnie

LadyBelle Thu, Sep-11-03 11:59

Quote:
Mix some berries (strawberries, blueberries) in some Cottage Cheese with a little splenda and then blend with one of those electric hand blenders. Mmmm, it's so yummy!

I tried this and was shocled at how salty it tasted. I went and looked at my cottage cheese trying to figure outwhy. I'd forgotten I had been getting the no salt added type instead of regular and had picked up a regular. When I eat it plainI don't notice the difference, but for some reason mixing it with berries made the extra salt really apperent :)

jmithng Sun, Sep-14-03 21:21

Do you eat egg whites? I've found it easier for me if I try to eat the same thing everyday maybe changing a protein here and there.
Every morning I have 2oz ground turkey/3 egg whites/mushrooms w/1/2 cup oatmeal(little SF syrup on oats) Or if I don't have the turkey then I just go with 5 egg whites.