Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   In yer face doc! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=128860)

cdnbarbie Thu, Aug-07-03 14:52

In yer face doc!

When I asked my doc about Atkins he stated "waste of time". Well, I got my new blood results (posted results in Health section - Cholesterol, Heart) and they came back EXCELLENT!
Results post
Unfortunately doc wasn't in when I picked up the results so I couldn't gloat :(

Iowagirl Thu, Aug-07-03 14:54

I say you hang around the office until he gets back. :)

drchickon Thu, Aug-07-03 15:07

Congratulations! Toooo bad the doc wasn't there... but do you have another appointment scheduled.... hold onto that gloat and let it rip next time!!!!

Jeanne Sch Thu, Aug-07-03 15:26

If you don't have another appointment with him, I saw you write him a letter and include a copy of it and tell him that obviously, Atkins is NOT A WASTE OF TIME (remind him that it was his quote).
If he is a good Doc, he'll realize your blood work is strong anecdotal evidence.
We all need to make the doc's aware - people are losing their lives to this disinformation about yucky low fat dieting.
My diabetic friend lost her toe to it and is now more medicated than I have ever seen her. Fortunately, she started Atkins about 2 weeks ago (whew).

Jeanne Sch Thu, Aug-07-03 15:31

Oh Rats, I forgot to mention this great news about Atkins related to my bloodwork (I've always had low cholesterol and Blood Glucose):

Aug. 2002
I went to a Fertility clinic and had my hormone bloodwork done.
My FSH came back at 12.5 (10 is good, 15 is bad, so I was so-so).
The Doc was willing to try it but she was grim about a possible pregnancy.

I delayed going through the fertility process due to health reasons.
I started Atkins about 10 week ago.

Aug. 2003
I went to the Fertility clinc and had my hormone bloodwork done again.
My FSH came back at 11.4
The doc couldn't believe it had gone down (she says this just does not happen) and now her prognosis for me getting pregnant is much more bright and cheery! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Atkins effects us positively in all kinds of ways!!!!! :) :) :)
(previous to Atkins I ate meat only once or twice a week and only had vegetables 4 or 5 times a week, if that).

drchickon Thu, Aug-07-03 15:42

Congrats!

Jeanne...

A big congrats! It gives me hope too. I have PCOS, so conceiving will be a challenge.... when I decide to do it in about 4 years (Gotta wait till I have the money for a kid!).

But it's great to hear positive things about that!

cdnbarbie Thu, Aug-07-03 17:39

That's great news Jeanne! Atkins is a marvel isn't it!

I didn't wait for the doctor. It would be a long wait as the board said he's gone till Sept 2003 with a question mark after it. Sounds like he's taken ill or something, probably from being on a low fat, high carb diet :p (sorry, couldn't resist)

No further appointments scheduled (because everything came back so GOOD!) so unless I break a leg or something I won't be seeing him in the near future.