Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Low-Carb Afternoon Tea at The Fish House, October 18-19, 2003 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=140647)

Karen Thu, Oct-02-03 11:20

Low-Carb Afternoon Tea at The Fish House, October 18-19, 2003

Something a Little Different..........
Low-Carb Afternoon Tea at
The Fish House in Stanley Park

Strawberry Scones
Devon Cream and Jam
~~~~
Selection of Tea Sandwiches
Egg, Ham, Salmon, and Goat’s Cheese & Cucumber
on Karen’s Low-Carb Bread
~~~~
Small Sweets
Gingerbread & Cream Cheese Sandwiches, Banana Bread Fingers,
Mini Chocolate Cupcakes and Lemon Curd Bars
~~~~
Choice of Tea
Orange Pekoe, Earl Grey, Mountain Berry, Oolong,
Pear Scented Green or English Breakfast

October 18 & 19, 2003
Between
2 PM
and 4 PM
By Reservation Only
(604) 681-7275

$20.00 per person
does not include tax and gratuity

Wynter Thu, Oct-02-03 15:40

Oh does this ever sound good. Now if I can only find someone else who's LC'ing to go with me .... :)

alaskaman Thu, Oct-02-03 15:46

Oh, that sounds so GOOD! I would practically pay the tab for some BC'er to go there and then describe it to me in lip-smacking detail!!!Bill

diamondlil Thu, Oct-02-03 17:33

I'm THERE!!!!! :yay:

jeanyyy Fri, Oct-03-03 12:26

Wynter, if you'd like company to go to the tea, feel free to contact me via PM or my journal.. I would love to go! :)

Ruth Fri, Oct-03-03 21:56

An event not to be missed!!

Ok, I'm in for this too, after all, I got a preview last weekend & my taste buds want re-run ;)

We should definitely have an LC forum table. My preference is Sunday Oct 19th, 2PM. That would leave Saturday to get all my errands & chores done.

What do the rest of the Vancouverites think?

Wynter Fri, Oct-03-03 22:50

I'm in!

Just checking in quick, so I didn't have time to leave you a more personal message Jeanyy, but count me in - and the more, the merrier. Sunday afternoon works for me...

Should we reserve a table? For how many? :)

raharris Sat, Oct-04-03 18:56

visiting vancouver

Hello Karen -- My wife an I are gonig to be visiting Vancouver (from New Jersey) in mid-October, and we'll try to make reservations when we get there. My wife is not a low carber (she doesn't need to be!) -- will there be anything there for her?

Cheers, Robert

Karen Sun, Oct-05-03 09:54

Hi Robert! Long time no see. :)

The Fish House is a regular restaurant, so she can have whatever she wants... high-carb afternoon tea...Pad Thai...Fish & Chips...and all sorts of great BC seafood. If you click the Fish House link in my sig line, you can have a look at the menus.

Karen

jeanyyy Sun, Oct-05-03 22:26

Sunday works for me, too! How many are we so far? Wynter, Ruth and me? Anyone else? Diamond Lil?

indigogirl Tue, Oct-07-03 12:13

maybe next time

Hi all,

Unfortunately I won't be able to meet up on Sunday. DH is on a business trip and I have to cover all the kids sporting events - they have rugby, soccer and hockey games all through that afternoon. I will jump up and down on the sidelines for exercise and bring my own special tea to the games.

The tea looks and sounds absolutely wonderful. I am determined to go to a low carb dinner at the Fish House this fall. With all the sports and business travel going on we really need a night out!

Sally

raharris Tue, Oct-07-03 12:29

Hi Karen --

This sounds great! I've been scouring websites and books for things to do and places to eat in Vancouver, and one of the only restaurants that comes up =every single time= is yours! We were already panning on visiting it before I knew you ran the place, but now we certainly are. I don't know if we'll make the tea, but we'll likely be there for dinner either Friday 17 or Sunday 19.

Before I went back for by PhD I worked as a professional chef in New Hope (PA), Berkeley and San Francisco (CA) from '79 to '89. Did some French, but mostly what we called "nouvelle" -- lots of baby veggies and local meats, cheeses, pasta, etc. People always say they are afraid to cook for me because I used to be a professional. Do people ever say that to you? I think it's silly, myself; =anyone= is welcome to cook for me! But you aren't "anyone," and I am certainly looking forward to visiting your restuarant!

Cheers, Robert

jeanyyy Fri, Oct-10-03 15:38

I just got off the phone with another friend who LC's and she definitely wants to go on Sunday. I will see Ruth tomorrow and confirm that she also is "for sure". Wynter, if you see this, would you confirm if you want to go on Sunday at 2 PM? If I see your response in time, I will make the reservation for 4 of us!

Wynter Fri, Oct-10-03 16:41

Please count me as confirmed and drooling in anticipation!

Thanks for doing the legwork on this Jeanyyy! :) See you at 2 on the Sunday!

Wynter

TamiOrr Sat, Oct-11-03 13:36

Oh that sounds so good...I want to hear details from anyone who attends!