Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   10 lb Mark!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=66898)

josiehands Mon, Oct-21-02 09:21

10 lb Mark!!!

Wanted to share w/everyone that today I hit the 10 lbs. lost mark!!!

YAY!!! :yay:

I know I shouldn't compare, but I've been on Atkins 5 weeks now. Is 10 lbs. a good start? I notice that some people have lost 20 or 30 after 6 weeks.

I keep telling myself, the important thing is that I feel great and can see myself shrinking. Already getting into those jeans that were too tight! :)

Thanks for any feedback you can give!

krazzybird Mon, Oct-21-02 09:34

:cheer: Congrats on your great start!! :cheer:

Josiehands -

I think 10 lbs is great!! Feeling better and being healthier is what's truly important .....

But I know what you are saying about some people who have dropped huge amounts of weight. I have been on induction for about 3 weeks (did other low carb plans before going on induction) and have lost 6 lbs during induction. I know there are so many people out there who have done much better, but I am happy to be getting smaller and healthier (even if it is at a slower pace). Keep up the great work !! :D

TeriDoodle Mon, Oct-21-02 09:56

CONGRATS ON THE 10# JOSIE!!

It's best to look at your weight loss in terms of PERCENTAGES rather than raw numbers. A person with greater bodyfat will lose more rapidly than one who is leaner.

A realistic rate is 10% during the first two weeks and then 5% per month thereafter. These percentages apply to your desired weight loss.

So, josie, you have 66# to lose.... 10% during induction would be 6.6 lbs. 5% per month thereafter would calc out to about 3#. Remember that as you lose weight these numbers change. In other words, with me for example, I have another 11 # to lose, so 5% of that number is only 1/2# !! :eek: So I should be satisfied with 1/2 per month loss at this point.

Does that help?

josiehands Mon, Oct-21-02 12:23

Yes, Teri, thanks for your help. I don't really understand all the calcs at this point, I just know I feel so much better than I think I've felt in years.

Thanks to Krazzybird too! :D

SarahO Tue, Oct-22-02 09:26

Hi Josie, I've been on Atkins for 4 weeks and have lost 8 pounds. So you and I are going at exactly the same rate. I'm really happy with my progress, and I think you should be too! To eat well and feel good and lose 2 pounds a week is awesome!

Twinkle Wed, Oct-23-02 06:35

Congratulations!

Here's a big pat on the back!

mateoj Wed, Oct-23-02 18:08

Good job!

Everyone has to start somewhere! LC is about little victories - take it 10 lbs. at a time and you'll be there in no time! Remember your motives, and never forget your goals.

Thanks,
Mateo J
"Reach for the stars!"

Mattsgram Fri, Oct-25-02 15:48

Hang in there, Josie. You are doing fantabulous. The weight didn't go on overnight and it's not all going to fall off in a hurry. But just think, it's 10 pounds you aren't carrying around any longer.

Cinderella Mon, Oct-28-02 08:08

*****Awesome!! :D :roll: :D