Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I'm getting HUNGRY! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=38774)

lossiebeth Thu, Mar-28-02 10:25

I'm getting HUNGRY!

As usual, after the first few days of any plan, it started-the HUNGER :eek:

Because I have been losing so well (9 pounds in my first 11 days), it put up with it but began to wonder the other day if I am going to be able to maintain this life plan. I lost my last pound on Sunday, but have gone up and down that same pound since then. :confused:

I know I am not eating too much, but I wonder if I am not eating enough, or if my fat intake is too low. I confess now that I often (for often, read usually) skip breakfast, not because I think it will get me super-thin super-fast, but I have a problem with eggs, and am really at a bit of a loss. I live in the north of Scotland so haven't got access to the variety of products yall do Stateside (yes, I am originally from Texas), or even down south :thdown:

When I finally did eat (about midday), I had a chicken leg & thigh with some cucmber, but that didn't do it, so then mixed up a protein shake with soya-based (& egg albumen,unfortunately) protein powder, soya milk and one saccharin. Well, half and hour after that, I was TRULY hungry :tears:

It didn't settle down until I had a cup of de-caff coffee with a good dollop of double cream. However, I worry about using too much cream/butter/fats in general. I kow that "fat is my friend", but HOW GOOD a friend is it? :confused:

Being hungry got to me on C.A.D., which is one reason I switched to Atkins (that, constipation, and going berserk during my hour!). I fear the hunger problem is going to be the same with Atkins. :cry:

In the immortal words of Princess Leia, "Help me, Obe wan Kinobe; you're my only hope." :help: :help: :help:

momsbroke1 Thu, Mar-28-02 10:42

Beth,

The best thing about this WOL is that if you're hungry, EAT!!!!!! Just eat only what is allowed. Have another chicken breast if you're still hungry. And yes, fat really is your friend :agree: !!! I have been on this WOL for 8 months, have not even BEGUN to count fat grams (or even think much about them), and, as of my last Dr. visit, my bloodwork was fabulous!! Everything, including both cholestoral levels were in the "normal" range - which they never were for the previous 10 years of my life (and I'm only 37). Fat is also your friend in that it gets rid of those hunger pangs better than anything else!!! I don't know how anyone else does it, because I'm new to this site myself and have only had my trust book to work with, but on my hungry days, mayo goes on everything, cream ALWAYS goes into my coffee, and butter is used to cook everything!! Those protein shakes, as well as the "low carb" bars always mess me up, and I crave EVERYTHING for days afterwards. For the cravings, I suggest chromium picolonate - great supplements!!

Also, I noticed that you said you were worried about eating too much. Just worry about your carb intake. Obviously, eating 6 steaks in one sitting will stall your weight loss, but the most important thing is that carb count. Lack of hunger is a wonderful side effect of this WOL, so look for hidden carbs. But, I cannot stress enough to EAT when you're hungry - allowable foods!!!

Good luck,
Anna

lossiebeth Thu, Mar-28-02 11:06

When will I get it?

I really am a bit of a thickie. I just CANNOT get my head around:

1. Eat when you are hungry

2. Fat is your friend

When I think about it, the only time I have felt truly satisfied today was after my coffee with double cream (halfway between single cream and whippng cream; I don't know what yall would call it over there-it's pretty thick, though) :yum: Funnily enough, cream was always THE fattening thing I never really cared about!

To really believe it, it will take me losing weight while DOING this sort of thing, I guess :doah: I'm not too bright, or, more kindly, I have been brainwashed for decades and have a hard tme understanding it can REALLY be true. My mother has done Atkins off and on for decades, but SHE'S crazy, so who paid attention ;) Besides, every time she talked me into trying Atkins, it was back on the old egg bandwagon, and I felt like death. Only recently have I figured out the egg problem I have, so why Atkins never worked for me :idea:

You have done astonishing well, BTW :clap:

Thanks for the reply.

:wave: