Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I set a record (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=188336)

Pandora23 Tue, Jun-01-04 09:10

I set a record

I managed to gain all of my weight back in 2 short days. 132 to 143. It all started with once little snack and turned into a weekend long binge, I'm so mad at myself. I am going to give this another shot, but I just can't believe I did that. It took me almost three months to lose all of that weight and now I have to start all over.

nfb02001 Tue, Jun-01-04 09:21

I'm sure a lot of it is water weight. It'll come off, you can do it.

NoSunNoFun Tue, Jun-01-04 09:21

Hey... I bet its just water wieght, I would not be too hard on yourself. Re-weigh yourself in a week and I bet if you stick to plan... All of it will be gone.

:)
NoSunNoFun

nets33 Tue, Jun-01-04 09:26

I'm with everyone else.... a lot of it probably has to do with water gain.

Don't kick yourself too hard on the binge... we've all had them! Think postive and get back to your program. Give yourself a week and I bet you'll see a lot of that weight gain gone. :)

Kiks

tofi Tue, Jun-01-04 09:31

Yes, it's mostly water. You just CANNOT gain 11 pounds of fat that fast. But unless you get back to your LC plan, you will soon have the fat back on too. Make a plan and stick to it.

Pandora23 Tue, Jun-01-04 09:32

I sure hope you guys are right, I ate enough food to put a moose into a coma though. :) My leg cramps are terrible now too, I have been taking my vitamins, but ever since the 1st day of my binge I can hardly walk they are so bad.

yoda_san Tue, Jun-01-04 09:34

I'll chime in too, sounds like water. Sometimes the setbacks can have the silver lining of making us even more determined to succeed. Don't knock yourself too much, I think a lot of us cheated this last weekend.

Pandora23 Tue, Jun-01-04 10:06

Why would all that food make me retain water so bad? Could that be what is causing all of my cramping in my legs?

yoda_san Tue, Jun-01-04 12:13

I don't know all the technical stuff but I know when carbs are stored by the body it is several parts water to 1 part carb. Also if the foods were salty that would help too. I just have a feeling if you are "good" today, then tomorrow won't look nearly as bad. ;)

nets33 Tue, Jun-01-04 12:14

Sometimes muscle cramping can be caused by lack of hydration (drink that water...) and lack of potassium. Try eating some foods rich in potassium to see if that helps with the cramping.

red1cutie Tue, Jun-01-04 12:56

Hi Pandora! It's water, for sure. Don't get on the scale for a week. It should be gone by then.

Quote:
I ate enough food to put a moose into a coma though.
:lol:

Just get back on track and drink lots of water.

red

tagcaver Tue, Jun-01-04 13:51

Lots of people get cramps when they start low-carb eating, and magnesium supplements helps relieve the cramps. So changing from high-carb to low carb can cause cramps.

I have noticed a "flip-flop" effect of cramps, though. If I partake of a treat (I'm on maintenance) that is high carb I will suffer leg cramps. So I get leg cramps when I switch from low to high carbs. Magnesium also helps this. (In fact, I don't eat treats very often because of the cramp factor - they just aren't worth it.)

I have not yet figured out the chemistry behind the cramps both when going from high to low and from low to high carbs.
Anyway, magnesium should help, and maybe potassium also. I believe calcium also plays a part in cramping.

Logan Tue, Jun-01-04 17:09

i had a binge last week and gained over 6lbs overnite. as the other said it's probably all water weight and will be gone in a week.

all mine has gone and some. :)

skytrance Tue, Jun-01-04 18:07

i know how you feel, this is my cycle!! i have a terrible terrible evil problem with bingeing.....i will do great on my diet and lose all the weight i want to lose...and then a couple days of eating unreal amounts of food put it back on....ive been going through this for quite some time...good luck..it seems since i started LCing..the binges are getting far and few between