Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   One Year Anniversary (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=159489)

quikdeb Wed, Jan-14-04 15:48

One Year Anniversary

I'm not much of a bragger, but I had to announce to all CADers that today is my one year anniversary of beginning CAD. :Party: :Party: Little did I know what a treasure I had discovered back then. It did not take me long to wonder why I had not stumbled on this before in all my years of dieting. I suppose we just have to be in the right place. I remember seeing the Heller's on TV before but thought they were crazy. I was crazy. I didn't give it a try! :nono:

A year later I can say that I have stayed to the program with one exception. One afternoon after a poorly planned RM that did not include protein, my blood sugar took a tumble and as in days passed I reached for anything and everything to stop the shaking. That was the only 15 min. I have been off program in one year! I can't believe it. I have never been able to say that about anything.

CAD has been the most freeing, uplifting experience I've had in so long. Foods formerly coveted and gorged on only in private binges are now enjoyed openly and in moderation. The moderation is not from self control factors. I'm moderate because it's all I want. I can stop. To be able to stop eating, fully satisfied and happy.....what a gift. As a bonus, foods that I wanted all the time...chocolate for example....is not what I want all the time. I want different flavors and textures and I only eat what I really want. It's a waste if I don't want it.

I have not lost a lot of weight this year...34 pounds, but I think my body and my soul are healing. Food, hopefully, will never again be the issue it has been since the day I started my first liquid diet of Metrecal at 10 years old. I really feel like I've had a prayer answered.

Deb

Zuleikaa Wed, Jan-14-04 16:04

It's like that for me to!!! Congratulations!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

Enomarb Wed, Jan-14-04 16:51

anniversary

Deb-
Congratulations!!! In addition to celebrating an anniversary, you have given us all inspiration. Thank you for sharing your year.

Vel Wed, Jan-14-04 17:24

Wow

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

:yay: :wiggle: :yay: :wiggle: :yay: :wiggle: :yay: :wiggle: :yay: :wiggle: :yay: :wiggle: :yay:

I feel like I have known you longer than a year. This really is an amazing journey we are on and like you, I am very thankful to have found CAD.

Here's to the next wonderful year!

KittenLady Wed, Jan-14-04 17:41

:Party: Congratulations, Deb! :Party:

I've only been doing CALP for 5 months, and you're an inspiration to keep on going!

sazzle Thu, Jan-15-04 04:06

Just wanted to say

You're an inspiration - well done and congratulations on your 1 year anniversary!

I only hope I will be here in 1 year doing the same bragging (and aren't you just entitled to!)

Tess M Thu, Jan-15-04 04:41

And a GREAT job you've done, too! Congrats and happy anniversary... :)

Lila2002 Thu, Jan-15-04 08:53

Hey Deb!

I am so proud of you that you have stuck with this and that it has worked so well for you! 34 pounds in a year is a fabulous amount to lose for someone in our circumstance. The 'normalization' of food attitudes is the truly amazing thing about all this.

Lila

quikdeb Thu, Jan-15-04 09:53

I lied!

I remembered last night that there was the Las Vegas weekend that Kahlua slipped in post RM! Make that two slips this year. Darn! :lol: Just couldn't live with the guilt of knowing and not confessing. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the congrats! You're all great. :agree:

Deb

Idabelle Thu, Jan-15-04 10:03

Two slips just means you are not a robot! Congratulations on your success and thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

ckoudsi617 Thu, Jan-15-04 10:08

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary

Excellent work! You encourage me to keep going, even though I have major PMS munchies right now, LOL! (Any tips on how to beat those?) Best wishes for every continued success!

tokenyanke Fri, Jan-30-04 11:28

Congrats Deb, That is awesome! You are doing great. I love CAD. It has been so great for so many of us!

picaboo Fri, Jan-30-04 14:31

....what a nice inspiration...wish...I can be here next year and say the same.... :-).....only the best to you!

Saweetie Sun, Feb-01-04 18:28

Congratulations...your a SUPER STAR... thanks for all the support you have lent us all in your time here on the Board!! You are doing soo well!!

Take Care

Sango Sun, Feb-01-04 23:27

Congrats on one year! I can't wait until my anniversary, but I've already slipped up more than you! ;)