Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Carb Oprions BBQ sauce (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175661)

JamesG Mon, Mar-29-04 13:34

Carb Oprions BBQ sauce

is freaking awesome!!!

A little background here:
I am a big time smoker... I have 2 smokers and 2 grills in my back yard and smoke/grill year around. I usually make my own sauce and it?s very very rare that I would like something from a jar. Now I don?t know if I?ve been deprived of BBQ sauce for so long but this stuff taste great. I haven?t used it to cook with yet (don?t think it will caramelize due to lack of sugar) but had some smoked brisket dipped in it and I was in haven. I almost couldn?t eat BBQ anymore but now I may be revived. 1 serving is enough to get me through a nice lunch :) I'm going to try a rack of baby backs by the weekend? cant wait!!

Oh btw I tried another brand a while back and almost puked it was so nasty.

Just thought I?d share this.

Dewi Mon, Mar-29-04 13:37

That's nice to know, What flavor did you buy? I picked up the Hickory on this weekend but still havent tried it. Was thinking about buying a brisket to put on the grill too.

Paris Mon, Mar-29-04 13:38

I agree! I'm used to really good suth'n bbq and was so sure that this was going to be nasty... but I was more than pleasantly surprised. :D

Hilary M Mon, Mar-29-04 13:47

Gosh, there are SO MANY good little hole-in-the-wall BBQ joints in this area, and I've been avoiding them all because of the sauce. Some of them serve the sauce on the side, so I could take some of the Carb Options with me. I'll have to try it, as I really miss BBQ chicken on the grill. DH didn't care much for the steak sauce, though, so I hope this is better.

mel92 Mon, Mar-29-04 13:50

I LOVE the Carb Options BBQ Sauce & Ranch Dressing!! Honestly, I would try anything they come out with! LOL

:)melissa

JamesG Mon, Mar-29-04 13:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewi
That's nice to know, What flavor did you buy? I picked up the Hickory on this weekend but still havent tried it. Was thinking about buying a brisket to put on the grill too.

I got the hickory as well... very nice for dipping.

Cant wait to try the ribs :)

Paris Mon, Mar-29-04 14:05

I also bought the hickory. :D

SusanKH Mon, Mar-29-04 14:33

I've looked at it and held back because I was afraid it would taste nasty. Thanks for posting

triplemom Mon, Mar-29-04 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary M
DH didn't care much for the steak sauce, though, so I hope this is better.

The BBQ sauce is much, much better! I thought the steak sauce was nasty, too. :(

Dewi Mon, Mar-29-04 14:55

I'm ready to fire up the grill tonite!

mclukey Mon, Mar-29-04 15:00

The bbq sauces are AWESOME!!! I made some bbq pork chops with the original and man it was good eats!!!

filmlass23 Mon, Mar-29-04 18:34

I'll vouch for the original! It was so good I ran out and bought the hickory as a backup. :)

I ate the Atkins BBQ sauce for a while, but it's CRAPPY compared to Carb Options'. It's like... watery worcestershire sauce and red pepper flakes... ecch... how did I ever go through 2 bottles of it??

nitrovixen Mon, Mar-29-04 19:44

Be careful, I've heard horror stories of the Cab Options bBQ sauce turning green and/or purple (2 different accounts) when people cooked it too long!

I'm a HUGE BBQ fanatic and I really want to like the sauce but they all have a weird marshmallow-y flavor I can't seem to get over (by "they" I mean the BBQ sauce, and the 3 dressings I've tried) I continue to use them anyway since they are calorie free. I am the only person alive who doesn't love these sauces, and I like everything :(
I'll keep trying though.

cheers,
sheri

Jeanne Sch Mon, Mar-29-04 22:48

I've only tried the Hickory Carb Options and like you James, I was DIEING for BBQ (we were made for each other!) I hadn't tried any LC BBQ sauce because I was afraid it would all be nasty nasty!
This stuff is great but I don't feel I have to cook with it as I can put mesquite wood in the cooker to get that DEE-LISH-US wood flavor on the meat.
I love all the Carb Options stuff too but can't find the packaged drinks (iced tea?) or other items offered with the coupons I got in the Sunday paper.

JamesG Tue, Mar-30-04 07:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclukey
The bbq sauces are AWESOME!!! I made some bbq pork chops with the original and man it was good eats!!!

Good eats... :) my favorite FoodTV show.

I havent tried cooking with it yet sheri... not sure im going to after you tell me it'll turn green :) lol Well I tried the 0 Calorie bbq sauces and they are nasty... this is by far the best I've tried so far.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes this stuff :)