Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Smaller portions? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=45029)

DebPenny Sun, May-19-02 13:17

Smaller portions?

I just realized today that my preferred portions are starting to diminish. Before I started low-carbing and I would buy frozen entrees for dinner, I would always feel they were too small and eat two. And also, have you noticed that in the last few years they have been making more and more larger-sized frozen meals?

I just had my lunch and it dawned on me that the amount of food I was eating was about the amount in a typical frozen entree. And I was perfectly satisfied.

Of course, my food was more "calorie" dense since it had more fat in it than a frozen entree would and it also had a lot more protein since it had no simple carbs (i.e. pasta, rice or potatoes). But when I started low-carbing, I was eating larger meals than I am now too. But I would be stuffed.

It's wonderful to realize that I no longer to seem to need to get stuffed to feel satisfied. I am finally getting in touch with my body and realizing when I am full.

So I was just wondering, is this happening to a lot more people out there than me?

;-Deb
:daizy:

Talon Sun, May-19-02 13:33

Yep, me too! Hubby and I are having many more left overs and I find that where before I could polish off what was on my plate before, I simply cannot (at first it was more will not) eat once I feel full. That is such a good feeling!

When I started my lunch at work was a Wendy's chicken BLT salad with an extra chicken breast thrown in. Now it is just a BLT. And yes I eat the same thing 5 days a week at work... I've only been eating the same thing since late January - it will be probably June or July before I thrown a hamburger in for variety. ;) I like not having to think to much during a busy day about what I will be having. And before anyone mentions it, yes the have a fridge at work, but I wouldn't eat anything that was put in there - icky!

JudyAH Mon, May-20-02 00:27

I have also found my portion sizes shrinking. It took about 3 months before I realized I was not eating as much in a sitting. My body has decided what amount it wants to eat and I try to accomadate it. I do find I get hungry all at once. It doesn't sneak up on me any more. I"ll be standing there and boom! I'm fammished. It is good to be prepared for that whack in the head. It comes about eveery 4 - 5 hours.

DebPenny Mon, May-20-02 07:30

Judy, I've noticed that too -- about getting hungry all at once. And it's much more intense than it was before low-carbing. I don't feel like it's a bad thing, but I have been in a social situation where it was inconvenient. :(

Still, I feel like I am also becoming more in tune with my body and that's really nice.

;-Deb
:daizy:

Fumih_81 Mon, May-20-02 20:25

when i came back to low-carbing after falling off the wagon...i always felt hungry and eat what ever is allowed to satisfaction. and it took me 3 wks before my portions go smaller.

whenever i have a birthday cake or sth.....unforseen circumstances....the cycle comes back and i eat whatever low-carb foods i want to stabilise my appetite....right now trying to get back into stablising..

disneybebe Tue, May-21-02 03:27

Hi everyone,

I've been LCing since Jan, still haven't had that suppressed appetite yet. OK, if I was completely honest, I think I had about 2 "not-wanting-to-eat-much" days in 5 months. Even on those 2 days, I managed to have 1500kcal easily. I average about 2000kcal- 2500kcal a day & I'm only 60% full. Seriously, what is wrong with me?? Am I doing something wrong? Why don't I get this infamous suppressed appetite :confused: :q:

I thank u all in advance ;)

Bebe :wave: