Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kitchen Talk (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Somebody Recommend A Good Low Carb Ground Beef Recipe... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136562)

target165 Thu, Sep-11-03 15:47

Somebody Recommend A Good Low Carb Ground Beef Recipe...

I have a bunch of ground beef in the fridge that I need to eat before it goes bad but I have no idea what to make...

Suggestions please!!! :agree: :roll:

saltnpeppa Thu, Sep-11-03 15:59

right now, I'm frying up 1 lb ground beef with ground coriander and cumin, saltnpeppa, and italian spice mix. brown the beef. added 1/2 cup marinara sauce and same of water, add cabbage, cover and simmer till cabbage is done. hope it;'s tasty.
tomorrow we're have kebabs. there's a recipe in the main dishes recipe area near the top that I'm going to try.

xtena Thu, Sep-11-03 16:03

Dinner last night was sooo simple and so good. Served 2.

I tossed a couple of handfuls of green beans in a pan with some olive oil, stir fried a few minutes, and added a little water to steam cook it. When the beans were about half cooked, I added a can of baby corn. This is the Asian vegetable that looks like teeny ears of corn, but doesn't taste like corn, and has only 2 effective carbs per serving (3 servings per can, I think).

I added some garlic powder, a couple of shakes of onion flakes, some pepper, and some Old Bay for seasoning. Dumped in my crumbled ground chuck and continued to cook till the beef and green beans were done.

Rosebud Thu, Sep-11-03 16:07

Hi there Target,

There are oodles of ground beef recipes here if you try searching. :) Just click on the icon at the top of the screen, type in "ground beef" and confine the search to the kitchen area and you'll find lots of recipes.

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

target165 Thu, Sep-11-03 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Hi there Target,

There are oodles of ground beef recipes here if you try searching. :) Just click on the icon at the top of the screen, type in "ground beef" and confine the search to the kitchen area and you'll find lots of recipes.

Cheers.

I know... but i'm lazy. :wiggle:

saltnpeppa Thu, Sep-11-03 18:08

mine was yummy. I pigged out (about 7-10 oz of the combo). the marinara sauce dried up but left flavor (it was roasted red pepper flavor). Also, I forgot to mention I added a bunch of hot chilies.

Kristine Fri, Sep-12-03 08:15

I've put some good ground beef recipes here, but I'm lazy, too, so I'm not typing them out again. ;)

Egypt_Isis Sat, Sep-13-03 00:10

Kristen - LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

geo53562 Sat, Sep-13-03 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
I've put some good ground beef recipes here, but I'm lazy, too, so I'm not typing them out again. ;)

That's okay...we'd probably be too lazy to cook them, anyway!:roll:

JanaBanana Sat, Sep-13-03 12:59

Kindred Spirits!
I just came home from the market with 3 lbs of ground beef and a very large head of cabbage to make stuffed cabbage and on the way home decided I'm too lazy to make it!
By the way, does anyone know how to make stuffed cabbage??
:lol:

-J

Rosebud Sat, Sep-13-03 13:05

Yes, Janabana, there are recipes here for stuffed cabbage. Just try searching for it. ;)

joanne42 Mon, Sep-15-03 12:45

use the ground beef as a pizza crust base.. or use itialian sausage as a pizza crust base..

JanaBanana Mon, Sep-15-03 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Yes, Janabana, there are recipes here for stuffed cabbage. Just try searching for it. ;)

Yes, but I needed a roadmap and compass to find them. :lol:
Made them and they were good. Thanks, Rosebud. :)

-Jana