Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   One year and almost 90 pounds lighter (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=122716)

liz175 Mon, Jul-14-03 11:36

One year and almost 90 pounds lighter

I posted this in the General Lowcarb Forum, but wanted to post it here as well since I know that many members of the Triple Digits Club do not read the threads in the main forum:

Today is my one year anniversary of low carbing. A year ago I was contemplating weight loss surgery because I could not stop gaining weight. I am still a long way from my goal weight, but I have reversed my continuous weight gain and made significant strides in the right direction. I feel as though I should write a big post, talking about what I learned over the past year and how my life has changed, but the increases in my knowledge and the changes in my life have been so great that I need to reflect some more before attempting to write anything like that. Therefore, I just want to say thank you to the many people who have helped me get where I am today -- almost 90 pounds lighter than I was a year ago and an entirely different person in terms of my health and mobility. Those people include (in no particular order): Dr. Atkins, Gary Taubes who wrote the article in the New York Times magazine on July 14 of last year which first made me understand how low carbing works and made me realize that the source of my health and weight problems was probably carbohydrates, and all the wonderful people on this forum who have provided support and information that has helped keep me going and learning during the past year.

Tiggerdy Mon, Jul-14-03 13:07

Congratulations! :clap: May you experience continued success in reaching your health goals!

Nikki :daizy:

AntiM Mon, Jul-14-03 16:10

Happy Aniversary Liz!

Congratulations on one year of low carbing with great success!

I hope you're feeling proud of your persistence and hard work. I'm so glad you found the right way of eating for your body, that it's changed your life for the better in lots of ways. I know you're an inspiration to many … you’ve been a huge encouragement to me in your attitude and approach to low carbing.

Here's hoping there are many new thresholds to cross...*

*(The above sentence made more sense with the graphic I can't manage to load!)

dcbrowne Mon, Jul-14-03 16:17

You have done such a wonderful job making your life happier, easier and more fulfilling-Hurray for YOU!!!!!!!!

DWRolfe Tue, Jul-15-03 14:00

Loser!

Liz!

Congratulations and Happy LC Anniversary to you!

I've been scurrying around the forum this afternoon, trying to make up for 3 weeks away, and your post made me smile from ear to ear. I'm so happy for your 90 pound weight reduction and that you're still hanging in there and sharing so openly on so many subjects to the benefit of us all.

Here's hoping that the coming year of LCing is as fulfilling and successful as the first for you.

Donald :wiggle:

MisterE Wed, Jul-16-03 04:50

Congratulations!
Not only have you done great...just sticking with ANY program for this long is a real achievement. But I would guess your best prize is the regained health you must feel!

WAY TO GO!

:clap:

kevidona Wed, Jul-16-03 13:20

WOWEE!!!! :yay: :yay:

Awesome job!. Congratulations on your accomplishment!! You are an inspiration to me. This is what I look forward to, Well done.

Vel Wed, Jul-16-03 13:36

Way to Go!!!

Liz, that is wonderful!

You don't have to come up with any amazing words of wisdom, your results speak for themselves. Fantastic!

As someone else said, just the very fact that you have been able to stick to this program for a full YEAR speaks volumes.

Keep up the great work!
Tracy

saski Thu, Jul-17-03 11:04

Congratulations, Liz!! What an excellent year!

Paticake Thu, Jul-17-03 12:40

Liz - what an inspiration you are to those of us just starting this way of life.... :clap:

hatetocook Thu, Jul-17-03 13:35

Happy anniversary Liz!

Thanks for showing us that this can really be a WOL. Your dedication to your health I hope will be rewarded five fold.

carlab68 Thu, Jul-17-03 14:13

Way to go Liz!! You are almost 1/2 way to goal. You must be so proud. I'm sure proud of you and thankful that you've averted surgery and how knows what else. I'm sending you big hugs :bhug: and I look forward to losing with you for your last 100 lbs.

Carla

Hope1 Fri, Jul-18-03 12:52

GO LIZ!!! :cheer: :Party: :clap:

Renae Sat, Jul-19-03 00:13

Congrats, you've done an awesome job.

SusieQQ Tue, Jul-22-03 13:23

Your Amazing!

Happy Anniversary, your an inspiration to us all.

One year and still going strong, that's great. You have made great strides, we look forward to your continued success.

Thanks for sharing your story, this journey is not always easy, but your
success tells it all.

Susan :clap: