Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   worried about my face... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=137707)

shaerat Wed, Sep-17-03 09:00

worried about my face...

This is gonna sound wierd.. but what about my face??? I have a double chin which shows up mostly when I'm smiling (makes me not like to smile for pictures - IF I let someone take my picture that is)... what will happen when I lose my weight.. will I end up with this gross saggy skin? If I push my underchin (is that a word?) in, I look terrible... but maybe the rest of the puffiness will go down on my face and it won't look so bad.

What happened to others who lost a significant amount of weight.. did you face/chin look okay?

I worry about the silliest things, I know...
Blessings!

vbrowne Wed, Sep-17-03 09:03

Yes, you'll lose all over your face and everything will be in proportion, it's usually where it goes first on a lot of people. You're underchin won't sag, it will slowly disappear.

smurf Wed, Sep-17-03 09:53

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/259084/fat2.jpg

That was me at about 178-180. My face shrunk alot, I swear I think my forehead is smaller! :p

Dont worry everything goes down and you will gorgeous!

cheers,
Judi :)

relliott1 Wed, Sep-17-03 09:54

I just noticed the other day that I no longer have a double chin. I was sitting in the car looking in the side mirror, and it hit me. My face was slimmer, and the only way I could make myself have a double chin was to lower my head all the way until my chin was practically touching my neck! And no, it didn't leave me with any loose skin or puffy areas. It seems to have slimmed out very consistently. It's wonderful! :D

hey_Neener Wed, Sep-17-03 10:27

Don't worry about the chin! I was worried about having a wattle too, but it was one of the first places I dropped weight. Here's a before and now photo-I'm happy with it. Take some before and durings of yourself-they can serve as inspiration as you go. You may not see the changes in the mirror, but they sure show up in pictures.

LovableLC Wed, Sep-17-03 10:32

Well that's at least one body part that will tone up most always. Mine is going down week by week. The closer you are to goal the more likely it is to tone up and go away.

filmlass23 Wed, Sep-17-03 11:11

You probably won't end up with a waddle under your neck unless you have no elasticity to your skin anymore... like... if you were, say, 70 yrs old, then your skin isn't elastic enuf to shrink back up on its own. You're hardly even close to 70... don't sweat it. :)
~D

armywife3 Wed, Sep-17-03 15:40

well that is what plastic surgery is for, right?? If you end up not liking it have it fixed. I've had 3 csections. I could weigh 90 pounds and still have a pooch on my tummy. I could do 5000 situps a day and it wouldn't matter. Even my doctor told me that. He said the only way my stomach will ever be flat is with a tummy tuck. The best part is if you have lost a significant amount of weight insurance covers it. They consider it reconstructive surgery. I've known several who had the boobs lifted and the tummy tucked after losign a lot of weight. I'll be next in line!

cincin11 Wed, Sep-17-03 17:04

My dh told me he could tell my face looked thinner and my mother in law also told me that last week. They didnt say anything about my butt or anything else . They both noticed my face. I forgot to measure there. Duh!!
Cindy

gilibel Wed, Sep-17-03 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincin11
They both noticed my face. I forgot to measure there. Duh!!

:D :D :D

Dang.

TangieK Wed, Sep-17-03 18:37

Not to worry

I was like you and had a very round face and a double chin that showed up whenever I smiled, etc. I was a little worried about this but actually my face was one of the first things people noticed slimming down and my skin is tightened up and looks fine! I wouldn't worry... your body will take care of it.

candyluver Wed, Sep-17-03 19:04

I hope I don't lose anything in my face...it's all in the Butt here :lol:

Hey_neener you look at least 10 yrs younger in your after pic :clap:

I wish I could just lose about 5 lbs off my *backside* ..lol..Just call me Ghetto girl :roll:

pjaye Wed, Sep-17-03 19:09

Has anyone tried facial exercises? I wonder if they work, remember the one of TV with the ball you put under you chin and worked it up and down.

NYorker Wed, Sep-17-03 21:28

Seriously, don't worry about it. My face was the first thing to slim down and thank goodness because I could see progress in the mirror all the time. That was important early on. You will love love love your new face, trust me!

AzureMoon Wed, Sep-17-03 22:06

pjaye,

I do a real quick facial exercise at odd momments during the day and it help keep the chin toned and fights waddles:

Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling. Let your jaw drop open and then close like you are biting an apple. Hold for a few seconds and then repeat. I usually do about 10 reps three or four times a day.

HTH