Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   One Year on Atkins - I'm still alive! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=162640)

Alina Tue, Jan-27-04 12:09

One Year on Atkins - I'm still alive!

I started lowcarbing exactly a year ago. 30 pounds later, enjoying excellent health and enormous energy I can only tell you this:

It works!

I would like to encourage all newbies to give this WOE a fair try. Never ever give up..... :)

Good luck to you all!

Alina

csj Tue, Jan-27-04 12:25

Ain't it cool to make it a year without your kidneys exploding or your liver going toxic or your brain rotting? :) I'm still enjoying this WOE after 1 1/2 years. Congratulations on a job well done!

latingirl Tue, Jan-27-04 12:28

Congratulations! You look great on your pictures. Enjoy your posts all the time!

tofi Tue, Jan-27-04 12:32

And I'm still here after over 5 years. And I also did Atkins back in the 1970's and no damage. Whee!

Kaillean Tue, Jan-27-04 12:37

:dazzle: Happy Atkinsversary, Alina darling. :dazzle:

As you celebrate today, don't forget all of the other people -- like me -- who will also soon reach their goals thanks in part to your support, example, and constant faith in the plan.

She's right, everyone -- it does work! You just gotta trust it.

K.

RCFletcher Tue, Jan-27-04 12:46

Well done! Just out of interest, I see you are on maintainance now. How many carbs can you eat without starting to put weight back on, or don't you count them?

ashley1 Tue, Jan-27-04 12:51

Congrats! I hope to get to goal sometime this spring/summer. How long did it take you to lose the last 10 lbs?

Birddog Tue, Jan-27-04 12:59

I am coming up on my 2 year anniversary (2/18). I love this woe. Dr. Atkins knew what he was talking about and I will be forever grateful. :yay: Kudos to you. You have done well. :clap:

ashley1 Tue, Jan-27-04 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog
I am coming up on my 2 year anniversary (2/18). I love this woe. Dr. Atkins knew what he was talking about and I will be forever grateful. :yay: Kudos to you. You have done well. :clap:

How long did it take to lose the last 10-15 lbs for you? Just curious, I know it slows down and my loss definitely has...

Alina Tue, Jan-27-04 13:57

Thank you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
How long did it take you to lose the last 10 lbs?

I honestly don't know..... :) Probably six months. The thing is, even when the weigh loss was slow, I was losing inches. For instance: I had no loss in two months but at the same time I went from sixe 12 to 10.
Be patient! You have done excellent since May last year.......way to go!
-------------
Robert - thank you! I've stopped counting carbs (and everything else..... :) ) in May last year. I wanted to make it work in real life. Before that, I used Fitday every day.....it was a great help.
Since I know I eat nothing illegal I don't worry about legal things...

Dear K!

I know I will be here to celebrate you! :dazzle:

Alina

ashley1 Tue, Jan-27-04 14:03

Thank you! I figure it will take a while...Congrats on your success!

orchidday Tue, Jan-27-04 16:04

Congratulations on your marvelous success! Your story inspires me by reminding me that it doesn't have to be fast to be successful - it is just the day to day working on it that counts! You look great - I am very happy for you. Orchid

imlosingit Tue, Jan-27-04 16:13

Congratulations! You are an inspiration!

picaboo Tue, Jan-27-04 16:40

...............You are such an inspiration....
.....(needed that today).....all the best to you ever......

Birddog Tue, Jan-27-04 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley1
How long did it take to lose the last 10-15 lbs for you? Just curious, I know it slows down and my loss definitely has...

I lost the first 65lbs in eight months. I waited a year for the last 10 and finally decided I wasn't meant to be 150. :lol: