Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Finally faced the feared scale (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=88052)

Began11903 Fri, Feb-21-03 03:05

Finally faced the feared scale

After 4 1/2 weeks, I got on the scales for the 1st time since starting this...and I'm down 21.5 pounds! I've had my head in the clouds all day over the good news. Because I have so much farther to go, I don't think it shows much yet, but I feel a difference for the better. Thanks to all who support me and each other on this great website, what a wonderfully nurturing cyberhome.
Elaine

FionaC Fri, Feb-21-03 03:55

CONGRATULATIONS

Elaine that is fantastic news, I am sooooo happy for you, never mind how much further you have to go - think about how far you have come already ... thats 21.5 pounds that you are no longer carrying around each and every day!!!!!!!!!!!!! and 21.5 pounds closer to your goal.......

Doing the happy dance (well maybe a happy cheer ) for you now !!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Fantasia Fri, Feb-21-03 07:06

*cheer*
*cheer*
*dance*

I am so happy for you! Keep up the good work and enjoy the wonderful sweetness of success!

:hyper:

Vel Fri, Feb-21-03 07:08

Way to go!

That is just wonderful! Hey, I noticed that you now have less than 100lbs to lose, after that loss.. that must feel great too!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :clap: :clap: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Keep up the great work.. isn't it wonderful when you find the plan that works for you :)

Tracy

DWRolfe Fri, Feb-21-03 08:59

Awesome!

Way to go, Elaine! I'm so happy for you!

Just think about how much better you'll look and feel in another 4 1/2 weeks!

Continued strength to you....

Donald :wave:

iseeku Fri, Feb-21-03 10:25

:clap: :dazzle: :clap: :dazzle:

ROCK AND ROLL GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it up and you will find your clothes falling off of you!!!!

Way to go!!!!

quikdeb Fri, Feb-21-03 16:04

YEA!!!!!!!!!

Shopping is going to be soooo fun. A BIG congratulations.

Keep going....

Deb

jude Fri, Feb-21-03 17:21

Wow, Elaine! I have my fist in the air, saying YES!!! for you. That is so great! You're a poster girl for the "Don't weigh yourself every day" club. Look at the high you enjoy by waiting. Are you going to wait another month for your next weigh in?

How about posting some of your daily menus, so the rest of us can see how you did it.

judy

BigMamma12 Fri, Feb-21-03 17:49

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

:daze: GREAT STUFF....WAY TO GO......KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

charsangel Fri, Feb-21-03 21:52

YEAAAAAA

Way to GO Elaine!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :hyper:

Congrants on 21.5lbs gone, it must feel wonderful!!!! I know how you feel tho, I still can not bring myself to step on that scale just yet, I just can't handle disapointment very well, I know that I am loseing but I just dont know if I want to know just how much I have lost just yet, maybe in 2-3 months.

I hope you are doing a little dance for yourself :wiggle: YOU sure are doing a great job, keep it up!!

PoofieD Sun, Feb-23-03 11:47

Elaine!!!

What great results..
You must just be beaming!!!!
I am awed by your results and persistance and good nature!
Nedra

Began11903 Sun, Feb-23-03 22:36

Humbled

Thanks so much everyone. You're the only I can be so bold with right now about this weight loss. It would be a little ridiculous to go outside and tell people from my company that I'd lost weight. Imagine the response from that statement!??!!
So, you guys are my safety zone, and I appreciate all the kudos more than you know. I hope to be able to reply to all of you and will but it'll take a little time. Looking forward to hearing your success stories too!
Elaine

madcreek Sun, Feb-23-03 23:37

Congrats Elaine!

I'm so happy for you! Someone mentioned sweet success - I thought of what sweet used to mean to me - it gives whole new meaning to the word!

I too weighed today but on my neighbors scale so don't know for sure just how many pounds down I am but I think about 12. It feels good!!!

And what Donald said, "just think how you will feel 4 1/2 weeks from now" - is a way to make a new goal!!!

You go girl!!! Madi

rirby Sun, Feb-23-03 23:44

....WOW....

All this support is great!! :cheer: it's like having your own personal cheering section. I had no Idea all this was out here, just found it today!! we are all doing Great!! but it sure is going to be great knowing I'm not alone.

Robyn :wave:

BigMamma12 Mon, Feb-24-03 06:06

Cheering Section!!!!!

Robyn...you sure are right when you say this a great place to come for support. Keep coming back...It will be great to get to know you on your (weigh down).... :wave: