Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Atkins products... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=62141)

SlimShAdY Sat, Sep-21-02 01:35

Atkins products...

Anyone know what stores carry the Endulge Bars?

I know they cause stalls, but I still wanna try one. I just don't feel like buying it off the internet for 7.95 shipping for one bar.. :rolleyes:

And anyone try their bbq sauce? Wondering if its good er not..

Lisa N Sat, Sep-21-02 07:21

Hi Slim!

Do you have a Wallyworld (Wal-Mart) near you? All of them in my area carry a limited selection of the Atkins Endulge chocolate. Personally, I prefer the Pure DeLite bars if I'm going to have one (which is rarely now), but the Atkins peanut butter cups are quite good. Prices are generally cheaper at Wal-Mart than other places too. If you don't have a Wal-Mart around, you could check at GNC, but be prepared to pay top dollar. HTH

Elihnig Sat, Sep-21-02 10:41

Rite-Aid (a drug store chain) has an incredible selection of low carb and other bars, and low carb chocolate bars.

Beware: I decided to sample some last Sunday and they set me off on a three day carb fest!

Not worth it...definately not worth it!

Beth

Sandylee Sat, Sep-21-02 12:07

Hey Slim, they were a MAJOR staller for me!! I just threw out a whole box. I have been eating one bar per day for about 2 weeks, and ended up gaining weight instead of losing. I also got rid of the Diet Cokes.

tracilynn Sat, Sep-21-02 13:38

Safeway!!!!!!!!

Hi well I live in washington the safeway here caries Endulge and also look for a low carb bar the name is called Ross they have choc-mint they are soo good 3.3 carbs or the whole bar .If its just once in great while they are a nice treat.Good Luck :wave: :wave:

slimmin Sat, Sep-21-02 13:56

go with the delite bars

I've tried the Endulge bars and the Pure De-Lite bars. The De-lite bars are real Belgian chocolate and they are soooo much better - especially the dark chocolate! I'm not sure where you can buy them though, I order mine over the internet.

SlimShAdY Sat, Sep-21-02 16:47

Yep I got a Rite aid and Walmart... (dunno bout them other places you guys mentioned lol )

Walmarts cheaper so guess I'll try there. thanks.

And I know they cause stalls, but some guy was telling me they taste like a hershey bar... LOL which spiked my curiosity just a bit :o Eh I'll blame it on PMS cravings, since I'm 2 months LATE now. (nope not pregnant) :rolleyes: :D

TxCharity Sat, Sep-21-02 19:36

I love the Pure DeLite chocolate it was so good I felt guilty eatting it !! :)

teddi-4 Sun, Sep-22-02 03:42

Beth...Maine

Hi Beth,
I see that you are from Maine ... me too. Where? I live in Albion (outside Waterville). Glad to know that Rite Aid in this part of the country carries Atkins products. I'll have to check it out. I have tried Walmart and they do have a limited amount . I get Endulge bars there for $.94 each. Can't beat that! I don't think they stall me out ... at least they haven't yet.

rustpot Sun, Sep-22-02 12:41

Double posted by mistake

rustpot Sun, Sep-22-02 12:42

I know I was a long way from home but I bought a bar in Stop 'n Shop super store in Connecticut.

The thought of a chocolate bar got under my skin. The first hint of trouble began when I unwrapped the bar, expecting a chocolaty smell, my nose twitched at what I can only describe as an odour of burnt rubber.

Undaunted I took a bite.

Bleah! URGHHHH!, OH My God. Somebody has collected elephant droppings, mixed them up with some tyre shreads, and sprinkled it with cocoa powder. Absolutely delicious!

I hope you find a bar because it only takes one bite to cure you of wanting another.

Candiflip Sun, Sep-22-02 13:50

Slim:

Why don't you just make your own chocolate bar? I've made Peanutbutter cups, Chocolate coconut cups, and Chocolate w/ almonds. I like all of these just fine..I haven't tried the Endulge bars nor have I tried the delite or any of the others, I just don't want to hearing that they make people run to the bathroom :p

RustPot:
EWWWW.....Burnt rubber & Elephant droppings...just two more reasons to never try them....But if you say they taste like Elephant droppings I'll take your word on it..... :eek: *laughing*

Candice

Elihnig Sun, Sep-22-02 15:09

Hi Teddi-4! I am currently living just outside of Machias. I used to live near Augusta though. Feel free to come talk to me in my journal--see journal icon at the bottom of my post. Also, there is a thread about a New England get together, if we can get our acts together sometime here .

Beth

SlimShAdY Sun, Sep-22-02 21:38

Quote:
Originally posted by Candiflip
Slim:

Why don't you just make your own chocolate bar? I've made Peanutbutter cups, Chocolate coconut cups, and Chocolate w/ almonds. I like all of these just fine..I haven't tried the Endulge bars nor have I tried the delite or any of the others, I just don't want to hearing that they make people run to the bathroom :p

I was thinking of making my own, but the recipies I've seen are always full of products I don't already have, and/or they look like a pain in the.. to make :confused:

Got any easy recipies? lol