Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Hit the 30 Pound Mark TODAY!!!!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=127331)

mammoth Fri, Aug-01-03 14:36

Hit the 30 Pound Mark TODAY!!!!!!!

Hi All:

Well...I hit the 30 pound of weight loss mark this morning! Took 72 days (since May 21st) of Induction to get there. NOT BAD really, average is .417 pounds a day. SWEET!!!!!!

Plan on losing another 50 pounds and hope to average 10Lbs a month...so by Christmas would be nice and is also reasonable for me to hope for.

I cannot say enough about how being diciplined (NO cheating), being creative (food variety and spices etc) are so important to this WOE. I have not been bored, and have tested my creativity in cooking and keeping the food interesting! My wife is simply overjoyed as it seems I am doing MOST of the family cooking besides!

I never imagined when I began this WOE, that it could be such fun, and really, so easy! With the exception of "bathroom" problems which I have dealt with and think have resolved....the biggest effort I have had to put forth has been in my mind.

It took the first month for me to lose the "diet" mentality, and realize in my mind that THIS is simply how I dine...and NOT a diet at all! Once I accomplished THAT, it has been smooth sailing. I do not weigh but once per week usually...and therefore simply go about my life while eating "this" way. The weight loss is a most generous bonus to the lower blood pressure I now have, and to the better blood work results including lower cholesterol and triglycerides :)

I am very optimistic that the next 5 months will pass quickly as time always seems to....and as time is going to pass anyway, I might as well be eating great and losing weight as I while away the moments! I am planning on doing OWL Around Christmas...then on to Pre-Maintenance and finally maintenance! :yay:

I want to say how VERY important this forum has been to me! The amount of encouragement and support and knowledge that you ALL have given so freely...well, it is simply overwhelming! THANK YOU ALL!

I have been on MANY diets in my life...and lost alot of weight, which I ALWAYS put back on...but I do know, THIS is different...THIS works...THIS is forever!

and.....Thank you Dr Atkins!

Best to all;
Happy Jake :)

stacysheil Fri, Aug-01-03 14:41

Congrats to you Jake. A job well done. It shows that not cheating does pay off. If I remember correct you dont exercise much, have you been able to do more now since you are consistantly losing weight every week?
I have had backaches all my life and now since I walk and have lost over 50lbs, I rarely have a backache.
Keep up the good job and keep inspiring others.

Beadworker Fri, Aug-01-03 14:45

You are like the Atkins poster boy! Discipline and perseverence paying off over time. Your calm approach is what makes you an inspiration to others.

Great work!

Kaillean Fri, Aug-01-03 14:46

That's fabulous, Jake. I'm so happy for you. Just think - by Christmas you can be at your goal weight! What a wonderful present.

You've been doing so well, and now all your dedication is paying off. No cheating definitely works!

:Party::dazzle::Party:

:) k.

mammoth Fri, Aug-01-03 14:47

Thanks Bead; Imagine...ME...a "poster boy"...LOL! :agree:

Kaillaen: LOVE your newer pic, by the way. Meant to PM you about it! HOT baby...HOT! :dazzle:

Stacy:
I do not exercise at all. Not yet anyway....My Doc says maybe after another 20 pounds I can begin!

I walk as much as I can...my work is quite abit of exercise at times...I have plenty of muscle mass anyway so that is no problem...just need to tone-up and can;t wait to get to it!

I feel ALOT better as far as my legs/knees...back...and YES, I do ALOT more then I used to and am much more "mobile"! :yay:

Congrats on YOUR 50 lbs!!!!
Best always;
Happy Jake :)

LCalamari Fri, Aug-01-03 14:51

CONGRATULATIONS JAKE!!!!!

You must feel great and you should be very proud of yourself for a job well done!!! Keep it up and your dedication & motivation will get you even 50lbs lighter for a nice Christmas gift!!!! :yay:

harleydee Fri, Aug-01-03 14:54

CONGRATULATIONS Jake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Party: :dazzle: :Party: :dazzle:

Keep up the good work! :yay: :wiggle:

Patience does pay off! :angel: :agree: :roll:

Parasite Fri, Aug-01-03 15:02

Alright Jake! You are doing great. :agree:

Keep going, and you have the right frame of mind... WOW!

:Party: :dazzle: :Party:

Gota include a homer (love that character). :doah:

Have a good weekend!

LadyBelle Fri, Aug-01-03 15:03

Whoooohooooo Jake!!!!! Go, Jake, Go Jake, Go Jake

debmarjs Fri, Aug-01-03 15:10

Thats great good for you!!! I bet you feel so good right now,I was so happy when I reached -30pounds. Looks like you will be to your goal in no time keep up the great work! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Hatman Fri, Aug-01-03 15:15

great job,
I too have lost 35 lbs started may 1st.

Way to stick with it.

I agree once i stopped thinking diet and started thinking WOE it is so much easier to not plan cheat days as how can u cheat if it is a WOL..

You can only cheat on a diet...

Keep it up i too am hoping for an additional 50 lbs by christmas but if i dont make it oh well only thing I can guarantee is that i will be eating LC..

once again congrats and keep it up

jeantm Fri, Aug-01-03 15:21

WOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:dazzle: :yay: :yay: :yay: :wiggle: :wiggle: :thup:

vcrothb Fri, Aug-01-03 15:27

Awesome Jake!! :dazzle:

Your refusal to quit those couple of weeks where you didn't lose any weight was very inspiring- so was your refusal to eat sugar alcohols even in the face of... you know :cool:

I have been happy to see the scale moving again for you lately- Way To GO!

LovableLC Fri, Aug-01-03 15:37

Congrats!!! I can't wait to hit the 30 lb mark.

TES Fri, Aug-01-03 16:17

Well done, my friend!
Tonight I drink a toast to you by the campfire.
Best,
T