Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What kind of multi-vitamin do you use? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=131342)

Hilary M Mon, Aug-18-03 11:55

What kind of multi-vitamin do you use?

I take One-A-Day for Women, plus a calcium supplement. The problem is the multivitamin has iron, which Atkins says is unnecessary. Will the extra iron hurt?

My major slow-down in weight loss seems to coincide with the time I started taking a multivitamin. Of course I know I need my vitamins, and that slow-down may have been a coincidence, but do you think the One-A-Days could be slowing me down? Should I switch to another brand? If you say Atkins 3 supplements, I hope there's a good alternative to those! They're a bit out of my price range.

kish Mon, Aug-18-03 12:27

I take Dr. Atkins Basic 3.

-K

laffn Mon, Aug-18-03 12:32

I also take the Basic 3 by Atkins.

llabonte Mon, Aug-18-03 12:42

I just started the Atkins Accel, Essential Oils and Dieters Advantage on Friday the 15th. I have lost two pounds since starting the Atkins vitamins in comparison to Womens One A Day. I don't know if there is something in the one a day or if it is just coincidence. And yes they are expensive I spent over forty dollars for them. I don't know that I can afford to keep buying them either. :wiggle:

angelicsim Mon, Aug-18-03 12:54

vitamin

hello all I take Dieters one a day It helps to curve my appetite and I still lost weight started atins the 10th of this month and lost eight lbs so for I also exercise.

KristyC Mon, Aug-18-03 13:24

I take GNC's Mega Gold without iron and I also take Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil.

LadyBelle Mon, Aug-18-03 15:53

I take the one a day for weight control. I was just using my prenatals, but that was giving me 3000% of many things and I didn't think I needed quite that much. The things I do need extra of like calcium and Vit. E I just take on the side.

Today I've been down with a stomach flu though os no suppliments at all.

GramnGramp Mon, Aug-18-03 16:07

We take Centrum Silver. The company says it contains no yeast, which is good for me.

Bebet Mon, Aug-18-03 16:09

I take the GNC Ultra Mega woman's vitamin without the iron, (the bottle with the red tulip on it), flax seed oil, biotin (for hair loss), and L-Carnitine. Started all this on Aug. 6 and the next week broke a 5 week stall by losing 3 pds! Used to take something else but ran out.

ladybelle2 Mon, Aug-18-03 16:45

Atkins has a 14 day trial pack at Walmart- it includes all the vitamins-essential oils-accel-etc- itsright at 20 bucks with tax----worth a try!!!!

CarbsBeGon Mon, Aug-18-03 16:50

Great thread! I take Centrum Chewables because I have a difficult time swallowing some of those horse pills they call vitamins. ;) So far I haven't noticed any ill-effects of taking it - and it does contain some aspartame. :(

Bon Mon, Aug-18-03 17:50

By looking at this thread, I think I go overboard w/ the supplements. My multivitamin is One-A-Day Weight Loss, but I also take many, many, MANY other supplements... are ya ready for this?? Here goes: Chromium and L-Carnitine (fat burning), Flax oil capsules, calcium, magnesium and potassium. Oh, and I just started taking a liver cleanse supplement twice a day. Top that off with a big ol' glass of metamucil...:daze:

SDgrandma Mon, Aug-18-03 19:34

Bon, I have you beat - I take more than that.

I take Centrum Silver. Any multi for seniors will not have iron. We get enough iron on this WOE from meat and green vegies. Iron can build up in your body and become toxic. I have to take 3 a day to get to Atkins requirements.

BeadmakerQ Mon, Aug-18-03 20:53

vitamins

Hi,
I was taking the One a Day for Women, but about 15 minutes after taking it, I get a terrible pain between my stomach and chest. I am going to check out GNC and see what they have. Nice thread, gives me some idea of what to ask for.

fishburg Tue, Aug-19-03 05:35

I get so confused about vitamins!!

I am taking GNC Ultra Mega Green
GNC Multi Mega Minerals (4 calcium)
GNC Big 50 (B-complex)
Flax Oil, meal or seeds
Aspirin

I am taking these about 5 times a week, I just get so busy that I forget.

I would be interested in anyones opion on these, as I am starting to run low and may switch.

thanks!!!