Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Atriana's Gym Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=28536)

Atriana Sat, Dec-29-01 22:40

Atriana's Gym Log

OK. I know I have to do it. Getting started is the hard part.

About me: I wasn't always the couch potato I now am. Actually was a card carrying Golds Gym member. One of those "serious" Golds, not the juice bar variety. Got tired of waiting for equipment. Bought a Body Solid Smith Gym. Was doing well. There I was in May of 2000, in the middle of my LBW, writing down my pounds and reps in that little one minute rest between exercises in the BFL program, when I got the call that my son had died. Now I know intellectually that lifting weights and suddenly becoming a childless mother have very little to do with each other. But, emotionally it is a totally different story. I couldn't even go into that room for months. I've moved since then. The smith machine is set up. The elliptical trainer is in there also, (in a fit of stupidity I gave away my treadmill, stepper and semi-recumbant bike). But I still have enough equipment to do this properly. And I need to do it.

I am about 10 pounds from goal weight. Very soft. Need to build some muscle. Need to get myself motivated.

So this will be my accountability page. Please help me here. If I don't start posting workouts, give me a hard time about it.
Thanks in advance!

doreen T Sun, Dec-30-01 00:51

Atriana, you had a justifiable reason for stopping the fitness routine. Now, you have a justifiable reason for getting back at it. You can do this, you will do this. For you.

I'm not going to promise to nag, but I might be good for a few rah rah's

;)

Doreen

Atriana Fri, Feb-01-02 17:23

Still having a hard time getting into an organized fitness routine. I have been kayaking twice this week so far, so I guess that counts for something. :) Today is day 10 of my new non-smoker status. I am already getting increased energy - maybe I can get this exercise thing going soon.

fern2340 Sat, Feb-02-02 06:59

Atriana-
Kayaking definitely counts! I wish you the best of luck with all your exercising. We are all here for support and well wishes!

:) Linda

Atriana Wed, Feb-06-02 16:07

Well, I managed to finally take the bike out today. Only 5 miles, but at least it was something. Even though I have weight equipment at home, I'm thinking of joining the gym again. Maybe if I have to shell out some money, I will be more motivated to do it. My weight has been fluctuating about 5 pounds since I quit smoking 15 days ago. Maybe the exercise will help.

Atriana Sun, Feb-24-02 10:58

OK - I finally get a gold star. I did an upper body workout today, ala BFL. Ouch - can we say triceps? Also did 20 minutes on my eliptical trainer. Off to my drum circle now - oh no, that will be more triceps, won't it?

fern2340 Mon, Mar-04-02 21:52

Hey Atriana!
Just checking out your journal to see how the workouts are going! Hopefully those triceps are well rested! :)

Atriana Tue, Jul-29-03 08:31

Back again, trying one more time to get myself motivated enough to workout regularly. I did a BFL upper body workout last week and my muscles were in agony for the rest of the week. I guess I've got to start slower.
For the past two days I have been doing the Firms's 5 day abs, I know it is not much, but it is a start.

Atriana Fri, Aug-01-03 16:27

Did all 5 days of 5 day abs, for me that is a major accomplishment!

Atriana Sun, Aug-03-03 19:11

Started another cycle of 5 day Abs. Did Standing Legs today.

Atriana Thu, Aug-07-03 09:51

Walked for one hour today. I get a gold star.

Atriana Sat, Jul-31-04 15:53

Wow, is this journal dusty! I haven't posted here in almost a year!
Anyway, I have been working out like crazy for the past week and a half - trying to get rid of some of those quit smoking pounds. Today I did 32 minutes on the recumbant bike. Walked the dog for a mile, was going to go further but the sky opened up and we got drenched.

mischa Sat, Jul-31-04 17:36

Hey Atriana,

good cardio today:) biking and walking :yay:

Atriana Tue, Aug-03-04 13:14

Hi Mischa!
Yesterday I walked on the treadmill at an incline for 90 minutes.
Today, so far, I have done the treadmill thing for 40 minutes and have done maybe a mile or so of outside walking.

ALEKA Fri, Aug-06-04 11:45

Hey Atriana--

Checking out some gym logs today. I just started this week going to our local recreational complex and lifting some weights 2 days a week and swimming or doing another aerobic exercise 3 days a week.

I read your initial post and believe me you do have good reason to have lost your way on the exercise after your son died. How awful for you. I went back to grad school in 1993 and my son became very ill and they had to remove a section of his intestines. 6 weeks later the first surgery blocked off and they took him back into surgery and they weren't sure if he was going to come out of this or not--they removed another 6 feet of intestine. Atriana--I totally lost interest in school--had instructors writing me about coming back and I still to this day have no desire to do so. That incident with my son did something to my soul and I have never snaped back from it totally even though he is still doing ok now. So believe me--if you lost a son--I can understand a bit of what you must have gone through and it must have been horrible for you. I don't think I could have taken it if he had died.

Anyway--I will stop by and root you on. That really does keep me going so far and keeps me really trying to stay in line with what I hope to attain.

Have a great day and weekend Atriana!!