Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Schwarzbein Principle (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Not your plain old breakfast! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=93556)

Javamama Thu, Mar-20-03 06:31

Not your plain old breakfast!

Good morning! :wave:
I have come up with a wonderful recipe! Tapioca pudding! For those of us that don't like plain old eggs! I know I can't stomach them!
1 Cup of cream
2 eggs
2 Tbl. of tapioca
Mix all in a bowl and microwave about 2 1/2 min. I do add a touch of splenda to this! I really enjoy it. Hope you do too!
Angie

tbagram Thu, Mar-20-03 16:46

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That got my attention!!!!!!!!! :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: Vonnie

julieboo3 Thu, Mar-20-03 18:14

That sounds wonderful. Thanks for the great idea!!

Sunflwr1 Thu, Mar-20-03 19:55

Hmmm...

I don't know about this Angie... it sounded pretty intriguing until I ran it through MasterCook. If it's for one serving it contains:

1020 calories
97g fat
and the killer...
25 carbs! That's about my quota for the entire day. Glad I love my bacon and eggs. :)

CaroleSP Thu, Mar-20-03 20:55

Angie,
You get credit for being creative, but I gotta say "no" to the Splenda!!! Dr. S. says "no" to Splenda too!!
Carole
:)

Kayceecan Thu, Mar-20-03 21:05

:wave:

Be careful with this one Angie. According to Fitday, Tapioca pearls (dry) have almost 17 grams per 2 TBLS. Too bad, 'cause that's my favorite pudding!.........

Javamama Fri, Mar-21-03 06:23

tapioca

Hello :wave:
The s.p. book says a 1/4 cup has 15 carbs. This only calls for 2 tbls. And I do not use the pearls. I use the dry stuff from the box. Correct me if I am wrong please. Angie :eek:

Sunflwr1 Fri, Mar-21-03 06:35

carb count

The tapioca I have is "Minute, Quick Cooking Tapioca" Serving size is 1-1/2 teaspoons - 5 carbs I think there would be 4 servings in 2 T.

3t. = 1T. However this is for liquid, my info says that liquid is 1/6 larger than dry measurements.

Carole's right about the Splenda... the only sweetener the Doc approves is "Stevia".

tbagram Sat, Mar-22-03 10:34

You know , there is give and take in any WOE since we are all different. Myself, I can't stand the taste of Stevia. I bought it a few years ago and had to throw the whole thing out because if tasted t so bad to me and it was expensive. I'll stick to Splenda, thank-you. I wish I could be able to do everything the good Doc says but I just cant. In fact I cant do everything that any of the Docs say to do. But, I sure am a lot closer than I used to be. :wave: Vonnie

CaroleSP Sat, Mar-22-03 11:45

I'd rather see people use honey or sugar than Splenda. Sugar is only 16 calories a teaspoon, and that won't kill you. Splenda and other artificial sweetners may though.....

Carole
:)

Sandylee Sat, Mar-22-03 12:52

I always wondered, what is that yummy tapioca made out of, exactly? Is it a grain, or something man made?

Titania28 Sun, Mar-23-03 01:14

I have no idea, Sandy. Sounds like a Google question!!

;)

Suni Mon, Mar-24-03 13:38

What Google has to say about tapioca

Tapioca pearls are made mostly from tapioca starch, processed from the bitter-cassava plant, sometimes called manioca or yuca in some parts of the world. The bitter-cassava plant is native to South America and was introduced into Asia sometime during the 19th century where it was quickly adopted as a staple food in many different cultures (perhaps explaining why Asians seem to be more favourably disposed to tapioca). The bitter-cassava plant -- and the starch it produces -- has been an all-purpose, all around useful plant. When not being made into tapioca pearls, it is used for other industrial purposes, such as textiles and other manufacturing.

Because the nature of tapioca pearls is starch.

(I guess because it is a starch is the reason it is so high in carbs).