Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Flybabies for Lowcarb exercise&mealplan goals (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182947)

bevbme Thu, May-06-04 18:37

Flybabies for Lowcarb exercise&mealplan goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanKH
This seems to be slightly off-topic, but in a way it's not. Do any of you use the FlyLady system? I do, and it's helped me with LCing. My kitchen is clean and organized, as is my refrigerator (I'm working on the rather scary pantry). With everything in place, it's so much easier to cook those healthy meals. It saves money, too, since I don't have to continually run to the grocery store to pick up items I forgot. For those of you who don't know about the FlyLady, her website is www.flylady.com, and it's free. I don't get anything from her for promoting her, either. She doesn't even know me. It's just that her system for de-cluttering and keeping my life organized has really helpled me in all areas of my life, including LCing.

Ok I read this post on the general LC board and went to the FLYlady.com site.
It is everything that I am not (organized) but she seems to have seen my house. My cave like living impacts my life at home,work and social. I must make some changes..now. It gives me structure. I've seen two emails that pertain to low carb living. One to clean out the non nutritional foods and a good hint list for shopping.

Anyway if you are a fly baby and want to share how it makes lc better lets get a group going. I have to run and do a laundry reboot :p

Libertatis Thu, May-06-04 19:35

Bev,

When I did flylady I loved it. Alas, I have fallen away from the Flylady path, but I need to get back there :lol: I LOVE the timed cleans. It's the only way I can clean now.

bevbme Fri, May-07-04 05:07

Laundry-where are your gym clothies?

I get home pretty late in the eveneing with only a half hour or so to make it to the gym(Curves).
If I don't have my shoes and gym clothes right there-I can talk my self out of going. Instead of worring about my work attire I think I am going to put out gym clothes for the next day in my evening routine.

nawchem Fri, May-07-04 16:52

Hi from another flybaby!

I LOVE FLYLADY!!!

I think flying has helped me the most with stress eating because I don't have the feeling of being rushed as much as I did in the past. Another thing that helps is that I clean out my fridge occasionally now and my kitchen and sink shine. The only thing I do for my morning routine is clean the kitchen for 15 min. That way I don't end up having to wash dishes for 2 hours on the weekend.

Putting out your gym clothes for the PM routine is great! I keep a t shirt, shorts and sneakers packed in my gym bag all the time.

My next goal is to plan my meals as I get hungry and do a lot of impulse eating damage. I started today.

bevbme Fri, May-07-04 19:10

Hi Libertatis- start up again if you like- give us some pointers if you can-voice of experience.
Nawchem-I havent made a control journal or to do list but I should. I have reclaimed some kitchen territory and made some progress-I need to go downstairs one more time tonight. I'm going to make a list for the grocery -buy just enough fresh to eat it fresh kind of shopping. Hope that fits the plan.

memome Sat, May-08-04 08:34

Flying

This is great thread to have. It seems that my weight and the way I "keep house" are almost Identical...messy and cluttered. So while flying through the weight loss I can fly through my house ....going to look at the Fly lady for some instruction. ;)

TerryLynne Sat, May-08-04 08:44

Hello, I am organizationallly challenged, My name is Terry :D. Think I'll do some reading on your Flylady site and here and see if we can get me straightened out :D. Thanks for starting this thread!

TJE1219 Sat, May-08-04 09:17

OK, I'm inspired! I have fallen off the FlyLady wagon this last month or so, but with this challenge I'm back on!

Off to do fifteen minutes of decluttering "in my zone."

Bye!
Nancy

bevbme Sat, May-08-04 18:57

I didn't work in my zone today unless I consider my hedge a extention of the entry way :) But I did a pretty heavy cleaning of my kitchen.
I put out some food for the US Postal food drive so I kind of took an inventory of what was in the pantry and made a food list for the grocery. No menu planned yet-babysteps.

galatia Mon, May-10-04 07:55

I love Flylady too. I use to do it all the time, how I got sidetracked I don't know, but have been planning to get back with it. It really works great and your house is always clean, and with seemingly very little time spent on it. I have my notebook ready, I'm going to go now and get back on the mailing list, put on my shoes and.....clean my sink!! :) Thanks for the little push I needed. Nice to meet you all!
Debbie

black57 Mon, May-10-04 08:01

Two ways to improve your life/low carb and flybabies

bevbme Tue, May-11-04 07:04

Does it help to have a sit down meal at the dining room table?

I have almost recovered my dining room from the paper pile I got out for tax prep. Its a beautiful table,lovely room that I never use.
I take food and sit in front of computer or tv(I just got a tv after not having one for 6 years-and I'm hooked on it again)Zone is now the kitchen having an empty clean sink is a wonderful thing.

Dormouse Tue, May-11-04 09:34

Wow, I did the Flylady thing are few years back. Give it it's due, it was the longest my house has stayed tidy ever. Of course I let it all slide and it's a complete tip again. Maybe I should get out my timer again, I seem to remember it really kept me focused.

galatia Tue, May-11-04 10:19

Just one thing....Dormouse I wish you had a journal, I'd love to read about your daily menus and exercise plan....you look GREAT!!

bevbme Tue, May-11-04 18:44

HI Dormouse- thanks for the info on the timer. I have found the email message to spend time in zone or room rescue get me off my backside and in a workzone. Like Im due right now.

It got to 90degrees today Too hot and Im too cheap to turn on AC-so Im out of my shoes already.