Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Strange Question (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=109544)

Stumpf2000 Fri, May-30-03 08:21

Strange Question

Heyall-
Forgive me if this offends anyone. I was here about a year ago and tried the low carb thing for a while. Come to find out, I was eating way too much and also too much cheese.

Well, i am back with a new attempt, but have a question... This is a very busy site. How many people have lost their goals and how quickly did they do it? I read here a lot about peoples struggles and sucesses, but am really interested in what the results are for the people that have been here for a while. Do people, in general loose fast and attain their goal? I am being confused by all my problems and the ones posed by others.

Thanks!

LCBarbara Fri, May-30-03 08:47

This is not supposed to be a quick weight loss program. It's a quick start program, but the goal is to learn a different way of eating that you can maintain for life. No one will be successful in maintaining a loss if they return to their old, unhealthy high carb eating ways.

I think many of the successful people simply move on and don't hang about the boards. Personally, I know two people who have maintained their Atkins losses for at least a year so far.

Welcome back! :wave:

yvonne326 Fri, May-30-03 08:48

Lost their goals? I am confused.

I have not reached my goal yet but am striving towards it with great vigor now..... My goal is based on what I feel I can achieve, what weight I'd feel comfortable at. My original goal was 140 so I dropped 3 lbs because I feel that it motivates me more.

hotirishdi Fri, May-30-03 08:48

Losses and speed

Keep in mind, most of those posting are having difficulties and looking for support and ideas. Don't think it reflects on the LC WOL at all. While I am still working toward my goal, it is comnig off relatively quickly. 11 pounds in 3 weeks is a phenominal amount, when you consider the snails pace at which weight loss normally happens with a generally approved low-fat, low-cal diet.

Keep on keepin' on!

HotIrishDish

babeez1 Fri, May-30-03 08:56

Misconception

Yes...I haven't reached my goal yet but I have been on Atkins for 2.5 months and I have lost 27 lbs. I lost the first 10 in the first week...mainly becasue I never drank water before. However, something to keep in mind...I follow this diet very closely...I do have the occasional low carb chocolate but I don't cheat. I have twice done the "feeding day" think that everyone talks abotu...eat nothing but high glycemic carbs for a couple of days with no fat. It seems to work but I would be out of Ketosis for 3 days. Anyway...this is not a quick fix diet...I've been losing about 1 to 2 lbs a week (although I did have a stall after the 3rd week). Anyway, the diet does work if you use your will power. It will get to the point that you wont care that you can't ahve the bread or potatoes...NOTE try to limit the cheese becasue it can stall weight loss.

Anyway, good luck, I hope you give it a real chance to work for you! :thup: :thup: :thup: