Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Tired & Weak (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=99652)

comachonia Fri, Apr-18-03 14:31

Tired & Weak

Hi! :wave:

I just started the Atkins program 5 days ago and on days 4 and 5, I noticed I was extremely tired. :yawn: Before I started Atkins, I normally wake at 5 am and workout at the gym (weights and elliptical machine) :hyper: , but yesterday was a real struggle, and today I was exhausted just from taking a shower!! Is this normal during the induction phase? Will I regain my energy once my body gets used to my new low-carb ways?

Any help would be wonderful!

Thanks, Lisa

:cheer: I lost 2.5 lbs. so far! I'm so happy!!!

waldorfmom Fri, Apr-18-03 15:13

Hi Lisa - My experience so far (I'm new to this, too -12 days) is that my energy increased. And from what I've read from most people on this site, that is a common experience.
A question might be, are you eating enough? Are your carbs under 20 g? And are you drinking enough water?
Good luck!
-"Waldorf Mom" :heart:

orzabelle Fri, Apr-18-03 15:14

This happened to me, too. For a little longer than five days - was at least a week. But it went away pretty quickly! Congrats on the weight loss!

HLFAN Fri, Apr-18-03 17:06

tired and weak

Aha, don't worry. This will pass soon. Your body is just getting adjusted to not having an instant source of sugar or glucose to use on demand. It took me 2 weeks and then I felt great. Be sure to take some potassium and vitamins. Check doses in the book. I don't need potassium now but I sure did for the first month or so. Hang in, you'll feel better very soon.

:wave:

roxie19142 Fri, Apr-18-03 21:06

I know I felt like that at first-my legs really hurt! But then, I started taking vitamins (women's multi viamin, potassium, and ester c) and my energy shot right back up. there is a great site called swansonvitamins.com and they have really good and cheap viamins.. ....i got all mine with shipping for under 20.00.

keep up all the good work!

LadyDi Sat, Apr-19-03 18:54

same here

Yes the tired thing for me too....I usually alternate excersisie bike and cross country ski machine....and a walk...other days weights...lately I can only do the walk.....

Blairwitch Sat, Apr-19-03 19:54

I started over 2 weeks ago and was feeling very lethargic as well. Last week, I purchased some Pottasium and Magnesium tablets along with my multi-vitamin, I have noticed a huge difference.

comachonia Wed, Apr-23-03 08:06

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for their answers. I'm feeling better!

Lisa :sunny:

OtistheCat Sat, Jul-31-04 11:40

Glad you're feeling better Lisa... I too was quite tired, but I was tired when I started. I just don't believe that I was healthy. With the low carb diet, I noticed as I continued to exercise (I also rest my body too), everything started to get better. In just under 2 months, my cholesterol dropped considerably and although I am Diabetic, I believe my blood sugar levels are starting to lower. Good Luck! I have been able to obtain lots of great info from these forums. :wave: