Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Looking for the perfect partner (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=117620)

Lonely Wed, Jun-25-03 06:18

Looking for the perfect partner

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a really good e-mail partner to lose weight with me, starting G-d willing on Thursday, June 26. I need to lose 50 pounds.

In order to "qualify" as my perfect partner, you probably have to be:

*under 30 years of age;
*a deep thinker who likes to correspond often;
*someone who has good values and clean language;
*more into philosophizing and chatting than swapping food ideas
*not too busy to correspond daily.

I know I'm being a bit picky, but I figure, if this person is really going to motivate me to do something I've failed at 75 times, it has to be someone with whom I REALLY click!

I'd love to hear from everyone else, too, but that's what this forum is for, right? The perfect partner will be an e-mail partner.

Waiting to hear from you!! :roll:

NovaGirl Tue, Jul-01-03 10:41

Ill be a partner! :-)

Hiya
I'm Whitney, and I came in here today looking for a partner! :wave:
Email me and we'll talk, if ya'd like ******

Moderator edit: Email address removed. Posting email addresses is in violation of our forum rules.

Battousai Tue, Jul-01-03 17:34

I'll be your partner send me an email anytime

Lonely Fri, Jul-04-03 06:04

Wow. I lost track of this post awhile ago, only to find it now with two replies. By now I've found a few good buddies on this amazingly helpful board, but I'm not limited right now. I have no life anyway, since I'm out of a job. Send me a private message if you'd like to share your e-mail address with me, or visit my journal to drop a few lines. I'd love that!

Lonely

New Start Sat, Jul-05-03 22:49

Hi there,

I saw your message and thought I would introduce myself. I am a 25-year-old graduate student living in Vancouver, Canada. I am single and live alone except for my puppy, Keisha. Like you, I am looking for a weight loss partner who can help motivate me (and I her) but also who can be a friend and someone to talk to and confide in. I am so busy with school that I often don't have time to socialize... which makes it pretty hard to meet new, cool people. The friends I do have do not have any weight issues and are not into LC eating. So, here I am - hoping to find someone to connect with. I am definitely into daily e-mails, but probably do not have time for lenthy online chatting. Anyway, if you want to know more, just drop me a line.

Thanks for you time.

Lonely Sun, Jul-06-03 07:23

Welcome to the boards, New Start! Where would you like me to drop you a line? I'll do it here, since I couldn't find a journal for you, and you're not allowed to get private messages before you've posted 25 times. As soon as you've posted 25 times on this board, send me a private message, okay? (through your profile at the top of the page)

That would be very nice if I had a steady partner to compare notes with and just talk. I'm a bit confused these days about what I want to do with myself and such. Opportunities come and go all the time, and I'm just standing here, watching it all float by. So maybe you're a good adviser, too? (half kidding)

One more thing: you're a girl, correct?

Keep in touch!