Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Who eats the same lunch every day? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=152064)

Wicked_1 Tue, Dec-02-03 20:52

Who eats the same lunch every day?

I eat summer sausage/ beef sticks and a couple slices of cheese for lunch everyday. It is something that is ultra fast and easy to throw together in the morning. What is your same 'ol same 'ol? I've been eating this for two months every day and still not sick of it.

potatofree Tue, Dec-02-03 20:55

Sometimes I get in a phase where I repeat the same thing for a few days. If it stops tasting good, I change it.

I've found I need part of my veggies or salad at lunch. I usually throw some chicken and cheese on salad and I'm good to go.

4beans4me Tue, Dec-02-03 20:55

I usually eat salads, (any kind of meat, cheese, egg, bacon, seeds etc) which I AM getting bored with as of late, and I really need to find something different!!!!!!!!! :)

sanoja Tue, Dec-02-03 21:08

Lunch

I have either a can of tuna or a can of chicken with mayo for lunch. I was a bread lover so at first it was hard, but I am getting over it. Problem with can goods is sodium! It does get boring at times.

addicted2s Tue, Dec-02-03 21:34

I'm stuck on cheese, pepperoni and a sf jello. Once in while I'll throw in a lc chocolate bar. Like Wick_1 said , its east to throw together.
I'm in a rut with breakfast too, two eggs.
Dinner time is my branching out meal.

youramigo Tue, Dec-02-03 22:58

i alwasy eat tuna or salads. snacks are hard for me because i normally stick with the same ol boring pepperoni and cheese or pork rinds. I just cant handle those nasty bars.

Aragorn Wed, Dec-03-03 02:41

Eggs...Every morning. I work 3rd shift so I get home and cook up some eggs. Usually bacon or sausages on the side along with decaffeinated tea.

Unfortunately due to my hours I sleep through normal lunch hours. I work 12 hour shifts so I usually wind up with only two meals per day with a snack at my desk in the wee hours of the morning.

Jim

epiphany Wed, Dec-03-03 02:43

oh goodness for the past few months it's the SAME school salad... Ive only know switched to the meat patties int he hamburgers there because it's so cold :(

LadyBelle Wed, Dec-03-03 04:20

I normally try to have a large salad for lunch. How I will add variation is by what I put in it. Normally it is chicken breast, so to add variety I'll cook it in LC BBQ or Teriyaki sauce. Or instead of chicken I'll throw in left over meat, or thawed shrimp.

Altering the oils I use also helps. I found flavored oils can make great salad dressings, such as basil olive oil. The rosemary stank though.

I'll do that 95% of the time, bu after a bit everyone can get in a no more salad mood, or sick of same hting. Then I'll grab something else. I try to have veggies at other meals more in that case.

Same with breakfast. I have eggs different ways almost every day. Occasionally I'll grab soemthing different, but then I miss my eggs and will look foward to having them the next day :)

Nebula Wed, Dec-03-03 05:19

I generally eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. I find it easier and the lack of choice helps me keep to a regimented plan.

JeannieM Wed, Dec-03-03 09:12

LadyBelle, I'm like you. Salad every single day. I pack all of the makings up in tupperware bowls the night before -- huge pile of lettuce, sunflower seeds, chopped veggies -- and then the next day I top the salad with some sort of meat (usually chicken, ham, or tuna) and dressing. I find that, instead of getting tired of this routine (I've been LC'ing for 6 months now!) I REALLY look forward to that salad every day. I really think that I'll always feel this way. :)

Jeannie

Nille Wed, Dec-03-03 09:23

!

Like Ladybelle and JeannieM I've had salad every working day for 4 months !
Mixed greens, mustard greens, cucumber, green onion (spring onion), yellow pepper, 1/2 avocado in cubes, fresh herbs (basil) - and variations if toppings: bacon cubes, shrimp, crawfish, ham, grilled chicken, eggs, and italian dressing (vinegar and oil).

Sometimes I make up a batch of Spinach and Cheese Frittatas and bring that. Or DDPQ (I don't get to keep that to myself som it seems to dissapear).

I don't get tired of my salads if I vary them a bit every day. My workmates calls it Nilles Gourmet lunch !

If I have a day off or during weekends I usually make an 2 egg omelette with a variety of fillings...... :yum:

I'm getting hungry already !

MyJourney Wed, Dec-03-03 09:30

Eggs every morning
2 eggs or egg beaters if I am out of eggs
and 1oz pepperjack cheese and either spinach or pepperoni with it

I also eat string cheese and 12-24 almonds daily as snacks.

catfishghj Wed, Dec-03-03 09:31

A pile of baby spinach, a handful of grated cheddar, a handful of green olives, a couple of boiled eggs, olive oil and vinegar, is what I eat 90% of the time.

Lilbug Wed, Dec-03-03 11:16

I normally have a salad for lunch, but what's in the salad normally changes. Sometimes I will just have Romain Lettuce with bleu cheese dressing, and a couple slices of ham. Other days, when I have more groceries in the fridge I will put other things in the salad, cucumbers, onions, etc.

Lilbug