Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Candida Yeast & IBS (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   The only way to get rid of Candida Fungus is (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184849)

robinreese Sun, May-16-04 11:33

The only way to get rid of Candida Fungus is

go on a strict diet of only green vegetables and protein. No flour or grains, no fruit, no yeast, no fermented products -- abslutely no sugar in any form -- even carrots (!) You'll need to daily ingest a lot (a teaspoon or so) of good quality probiotics (Natren or vsl1) and also something like FloraStor which is a good" yeast that eats Candida Albicans. Those other supplements people here have recommended like Candistroy, Grapeseed Extract, garlic and Oil of Oregano are good to supplement the real work. Just be sure to rotate them. The fungus you have adapts VERY quickly and you need to "keep it off balance". So if you decide to take any of these antifungal supplements, take them for 5 days then stop and start taking another one -- rotate their use so the fungus doesn't get used to them.

Anyway, I promise that if you follow this strict diet and take lots probiotics daily for at least two weeks you'll be on the only road to your former fun carefree dietary lifestyle. I must warn you, however, that you will first feel absolutely worse than terrible those two weeks -- you'll feel a lot worse before you'll feel better -- but it's the ONLY way out of this problem. The intense bloating, gas, flu-like symptoms, overwhelming depression and exhaustion will be AWFUL for two weeks. And you will crave starchy sugary food so bad that I'm sure you'll have many second thoughts. The symptoms you're experiencing are simply the "die-off" of the yeast. You'll feel much better after you get through this part.

But the next important step is that you MUST stay on this same horribly restricted diet for at least 3 more months. I'm serious. Then, after 3 months you can include small amounts of whole grains and maybe a piece of fruit like an apple each day. (Yippee!) After those three months you can include a little more of the banned foods but still NO BOOZE or SUGAR or FLOUR containing products.

The whole process takes about a year. To sum up, you can basically give up the idea that some pill or surgery will ever get your life back to what you once had. This crummy fungus requires sheer hard work and dedication. Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arubagirl2 Sun, May-16-04 13:05

Fungus?

What is candida fungus?

pszamrej Mon, May-17-04 06:24

is it required to take anti candida suplementsfor two weeks or for 3 months or longer?
what protein products are allowed - just meet and eggs?
how many carbs per kg of body mass is allowed?

robinreese Mon, May-17-04 21:00

Candida albicans is a form of yeast and it usually causes no problems. It can, however, get out of hand and it can turn into a fungus that enters your digestive tract and/or bloodstream and cause all sorts of problems. I suggest doing a Google search for candida albicans. There's a lot of information on the specific Candida diet but basically, it's simply no sugar, starch, yeast or fermented products for at least two weeks but most likely three to six months or longer. Good luck.