Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Sweating!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=156711)

mommatbird Sat, Jan-03-04 15:59

Sweating!!!

Okay, does anyone else have this problem of sweating like a big fat hog? I am a moderate size (size 18 even though I weigh 240 - really) but for the past few days, I have been sweating with the littlest thing I do. I am on induction and was wondering if this has anything to do with it. Am I detoxing? Am I just a big fat hog? I was trying on dresses yesterday and was so embarrassed. I have never had a sweating problem before and I have not changed anything that could cause the sweating except my eating.

Rachelle Sat, Jan-03-04 16:07

I have this problem off and on.... I don't have any proof.. but when i am about to lose weight.. a "whoosh" i usually sweat alot more... and it smells different than it used to.. i'm sure it's the ketosis smell...

It will pass... you are not a fat hog :lol:

picaboo Sat, Jan-03-04 16:12

.....I'm not an excerpter BUT,
once I've read (don't remember where) something about that....and I do remember that
it said its *healthy*... since then, everytime Im at the gym, and I feel like a water fountain Im
*really really really* happy :)
If Ill remember later (to old here) :) I promise to get back to you about it.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

latingirl Sat, Jan-03-04 20:19

I remember waking up in the middle of the night sweating like never before. I was very very hot and then suddenly too cold. This happened during the first weeks, even after induction. I have other friends who reported the same problems. I guess it must be related to the hormonal changes this diet brings.
It is all for good! It assures you there are some chemical changes going on in your body.

allibaba Sat, Jan-03-04 20:28

mommatbird,
Ironic you should mention this! I've been having the same thing off and on, today was definitely an on day! I went to the mall and was just strolling along, not even trying clothes on and the sweat was pouring off of me. My hair was soaked all underneath. I finally had to just leave and sit in the car with the windows opened for a bit. Weird thing is that my body was cool to the touch. I'd like to hope it's what Rachelle said and I'll wake up tomorrow to a nice big whoosh ;)
Alli

CMCCAB1 Sat, Jan-03-04 20:59

I have this happen now then. I felt this way alot when I was in induction and losing weight quickly. I figured it was due to Ketosis.
Catherine

Sandy40 Sun, Jan-04-04 11:41

This happens to me mostly at night, while I'm sleeping. Weird, huh? I seem to run "temperatures" quite often. I'm not sick, so I guess it's just the extra fat being burned off by my body. YEAH!!

I feel GREAT!!!!!

canoc Sun, Jan-04-04 20:51

Sweating just means your body is effectively cooling itself.

Why do we sweat?

Because it is useful for the body. Sweating is a completely physiological phenomenon, the body is reacting to the outer and inner factors. It is a natural way of balancing body temperature. Intensity of sweating depends on physical strains, psychological tension, diet, consumption of some drugs, age and outside condition, like relative humidity of air, temperature, room ventilation, polluted atmosphere.

katwoman Sun, Jan-04-04 21:08

Curious--is it better today since our wonderful Oklahoma humidity is down? I was having a terrible time for a couple of days, but since the weather change haven't noticed it so much.

OHGal1415 Mon, Jan-05-04 15:41

Isn't it nice to physical FEEL the effects of being a fat-burning machine?

mommatbird Mon, Jan-05-04 16:41

Well, now that it is like a deep freeze here, the sweating has decreased. Mind you, two days ago it was 75 degrees and now it is what...20? If I have another sweat-fest, I will know that i am not alone.

redawn Mon, Jan-05-04 19:03

at 42 I have been doing the sweating. . .I am thinking pre-menapause. redawn:)