Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Burney Mac Show (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=68539)

Azlocarb Thu, Oct-31-02 09:47

Burney Mac Show

Anyone watch the Burney Mac show last night. They had a character that was on the zone diet and they tried to use it for some laughs. It was the first prime time show(other then a news magazine) that I have seen that even mentioned a low-carb diet. Has anyone seen low-carb on a sitcom before?

lkonzelman Thu, Oct-31-02 10:06

First of all I love the Bernie Mac Show!! It is so funny!

But to answer your question, I never saw low carb stuff mentioned on sitcoms but just read a news clipping about Kiefer Sutherland and the next season of 24 and it mentioned his Atkins'y lunch of hamburger sans the bun...

jesdorka Thu, Oct-31-02 11:33

i can't recall low carb ever being mentioned on a sitcom however yesterday on "the view" bill geddes, the producer and ricki lake, the guest both talked about being on atkins--kinda neat to hear. :thup: :D

Angeline Thu, Oct-31-02 11:49

Once, in the show called Becker, one of the characters (The self-absorbed receptionist) was being consulted on a choice of place for lunch. She had objections to every place suggested, one of her objection was "too carby".

seyont Thu, Oct-31-02 13:03

Mike Meyers' Fat Bastard, in an odd scene at the end of Austin Powers: GoldMember, tried the Zone for a while "you know, Carbs Are The Enemy" but then he went with Jarrod's Subway diet.

lkonzelman Thu, Oct-31-02 13:26

ROFL! :roll:

BazzyJazzy Sun, Nov-03-02 22:15

:daze: On mad tv last night they had a "white" character talking to an all black talk panel. At one point the black characters called him a "Cracker" to which the "white" character replied: "Uh no thanks, I don't do carbs!" hahahahah :D

VirginiaOR Mon, Nov-04-02 13:06

Sex and the City, last episode, 5th Season

Bride-to-be Bitsy Von Muffling refuses to eat starch (I can't remember what it was) a few days before her wedding.

The line went something like "I haven't had a carbohydrate since last March!"

cre8tivgrl Mon, Nov-04-02 13:55

It's not a sitcom, but Jillian on Good Day Live eats low carb. She mentions it quite a bit.

Also there was a story about Donatella Versace in Vogue last month where she said that she doesn't eat many carbs.

And as we speak there is a man on Regis and Kelly talking about cutting out the bad carbohydrates. I'm not really listening or watching but I did hear him say that much.

I think we'll be seeing more and more references.

jenniferle Thu, Nov-07-02 10:39

Carbs in sit com

Last Sex & The City

Two women are scoping the pretzel sellers.
One says they are getting a pretzel and asks if the other wants something.
Yes, a pretzel or the pretzel seller - whichever has less carbs.
:roll:

Janice Thu, Nov-07-02 12:01

Susan Sarandon

Didn't Susan Sarandon say something about her key to youthful sexiness was "limiting carbs and not limiting sex", adding, "Well, it's certainly not from unlimited carbs and limited sex!".

Janice

heeels92 Sun, Nov-10-02 15:45

TV show mention carbs

I know it's a little late but they did mention the Atkins diet by name on the Sopranos a couple of weeks ago. I am not a big Soprano's fan but my husband and people in my office are and they know that I am on the Aktins Plan and thought it was rather funny. I watched the episode. It wasn't derogatory nor was it encouraging. But just FYI!!