Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Hunger sign of weight loss? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=134266)

LovableLC Sun, Aug-31-03 18:14

Hunger sign of weight loss?

I remember someone saying that extreme hunger even after eating a full days worth of food is a sign of weight loss? Last night I was starving and ended up eating 3 lbs of shrimp, I usually don't have much of an appetite, I woke up weighing 3 lbs less. Is there any science to this or coincidence?

Bamalady74 Sun, Aug-31-03 18:20

that is news to me!!!

Wenzday Sun, Aug-31-03 18:22

I've heard it but I've heard a LOT of things on this board that only half the ppl agree with kwim? anyway.... could be that way for you.

red1cutie Sun, Aug-31-03 19:07

Congrats LovableLC. :yay: :yay: I don't know if it is true but many agree that it is.

Peace
red

vcrothb Sun, Aug-31-03 20:21

I seem to be hungrier during my periods of weight loss- i.e. when it's 0.5 lbs a day. Feels good- and you did the right thing eating shrimp!! Lol now I have a craving :)

Paleoanth Sun, Aug-31-03 20:27

I always went through a time of being more hungry right before a whoosh. Of course, I was also ususally PMSing at the same time.

Alexxa Mon, Sep-01-03 00:06

hunger is a sigh that your losing weight, it is your bodies last attempt to hold onto the fat, however, if you want to lose weight dont give in!! eat the normal amount and if your really hungre it means a wooooooooosh is comming up!
congradulations with the weight loss hun

SlimShAdY Mon, Sep-01-03 00:45

Usually true for me.

If I'm 'starving' and I've already had enough calories for the day, I won't eat anymore and I end up losing.

Skamito Mon, Sep-01-03 00:48

True for me too... but I ALWAYS feed, even if I shouldn't be hungry. Sign my body needs it and will respond in kind. I think you should eat because it will convince your body that it is OK to drop the fat. Mmm, shrimp. :)

motis Mon, Sep-01-03 07:01

I agree with Skamito about eating (just don't overdo it). The same also happens to be true in my case. I always get a rumbly tummy just before I have a whoosh, even if I've eaten normally all day. My own theory is that your body is working overtime burning fat and needs a little energy boost.

~Angi~

serrelind Mon, Sep-01-03 07:43

never really paid attention to that correlation.. but i do know that when i'm hungry, i allow myself to eat.. true hunger is your body's way of saying it NEEDS some nutrients, so i don't ignore it

ichihuahua Mon, Sep-01-03 09:21

If there's a rumbly in my tumbly, I EAT! I really don't think it's a whoosh sign because my tummy growls (loudly) at least three times a day! My whoosh sign comes in the form of excess midnight trips to the loo.

tofi Mon, Sep-01-03 09:30

I have noticed that too. I'd remember that when I lost one day, that I had been hungry the day before and had eaten protein.

Even Oprah said on one of her weight loss shows that the 'hunger the night before' was your body getting ready to lose weight. So it isn't only LC. Of course, LCers CAN eat LC foods and still lose while low-cal/low-fat dieters would just have to tough it out.

LovableLC Mon, Sep-01-03 11:03

It wasn't just a growl, my stomach was actually in pain like I had not eaten in days! Weighed again today down 2 lbs, not a lot but it's been about 14 days since any weight has been dropped. I'm conflicted if next time I should just not eat and give in, or eat.

manucpa Mon, Sep-01-03 14:52

Yikes..where did you put 3 lbs of shrimp ;)