Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Too Funny! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=47544)

rgarlough Fri, Jun-14-02 12:02

Too Funny!

So I went with a coworker to this popular lunch joint called "The Lunch Window" because it's basically a window right off the sidewalk in downtown St Paul MN (our capital city). The menu is really basic and consists mainly of 4 different sandwiches - ham, turkey, tuna (loaded w/sugar) or BLT (with turkey bacon). I used to eat the tuna til I went LC...

I told the lady I had some special requests. First, I'd like the ham and swiss sandwich with no bread. Their bread is this Italian flat bread (that before LC I loved; now I can't even stand the smell). And I told her how to do it, "Just give me two huge leaves of lettuce, add the mayo and fixings, toss in the meat & cheese..."

She responds, "So you just want a salad then?!"

I was speechless but then said, "Well, yeah, that'll be fine."

Luckily, I keep some mayo in my fridge at work, cuz I think their dressing is loaded w/sugar too.

agonycat Sat, Jun-15-02 05:41

No! I want a lettuce sandwich!

hahahahah Too cute :)

tofi Sat, Jun-15-02 18:23

How about a "lettucewich" ?
Or a "Greenwich" ? Any old Earl in a pinch.
Or a "Greenwrap" ?
Or a "salad manqué" ?
Or a "crystal wrap" like some Chinese dishes?

:confused:

fridayeyes Sat, Jun-15-02 21:06

Actually, there's a fast-food restaurant (In-n-Out Burger) out here that serves a killer bacon double cheese burger just that way - wrapped in a few large lettuce leaves. They even have a name for it: Protein-style. :) :)

Cheers!

Friday

missatc Sat, Jun-15-02 21:11

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!

I (use to ) love In-n-Out burger!! EVERY time we visit SOCAL, (about 2 per year), we always, always eat at In-n-out at least once. I was thinking about our upcoming trip in a few weeks and realized that In-n-Out was now just "out" for me. But now, we're in there ! :Party: :D

patrizia Mon, Jun-17-02 13:57

I'm DROOLING!!!

Fridayeyes--a bacon cheeseburger in a lettuce wrap! Tomorrow's lunch!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!

Patty

Dollygrrl Mon, Jun-17-02 20:26

Oh, we're getting a new In-N-Out Burger around here pretty soon, I'll have to check that out! In the meantime I'll try making it, it sounds yummy. :yum:

fridayeyes Mon, Jun-17-02 22:33

Mmmm-MMm! Bacon Double Double Protein style! Now I want one, too! (I usually eat two, lol)

One hint: Be sure to get extra napkins and roll up your sleeves. These are yummy as all get out, but kinda drippy!

Cheers,

Friday

Lessara Tue, Jun-18-02 10:55

What happened to me

I'm sorry but I forgot the name of the cafe... if I do I'll let you know. They have lettuce wrap sandwhiches like roast beef and horshradish mayo and jack cheese to tuna with green onion.
I only wish I had the money to try them!