Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   yeah.....i just chucked the scale out the window.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187200)

Greek535 Wed, May-26-04 21:29

yeah.....i just chucked the scale out the window....

Ive relieved my scale of its duty of dissapointing me every morning and threw it out the window.....literally. :D Gosh, that felt really good! After 3 straight weeks of perfect induction, and no movement on that devilish contraption, it was time for it to go. I think it will actually be better without the scale, but im not sure how long I can last without looking at my weight.

Feeling better now, :p

Alex

Justjen72 Wed, May-26-04 21:34

You are a stronger person than I am. I HAVE to weigh myself daily, most days more than once. :(

Ladycody Wed, May-26-04 23:47

Thank you sooooo much!!!! Made me laugh out loud!!! And, just for the record...I too envy your will power!

Elsah Thu, May-27-04 06:11

Congrats!!!!!!! :) Scales are evil!

Jenn

AFwife Thu, May-27-04 06:13

I'd be running outside to get it. :lol: Then hugging it and saying I'm sorry to it. :lol:

Ok not really but I would freak without it.

jadefox26 Thu, May-27-04 06:18

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! Well done you!! I think you are really GREAT to have done that - I am not a slave to the scale - I get on it once per week now - but the times I've stamped really hard all over the thing because it's put me up a lb or put me at the same weight for a few weeks!!

Good for you - keep measuring every few weeks and you'll soon see the difference!

xxx

Elsah Thu, May-27-04 06:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
I'd be running outside to get it. :lol: Then hugging it and saying I'm sorry to it. :lol:

Ok not really but I would freak without it.

ROFL!!!!!!

dianaj1960 Thu, May-27-04 07:12

Well done!!! I did not weigh myself when I started in January and haven't to this day. It's wonderful not starting the day relying on that NUMBER!

sobxlady Thu, May-27-04 07:26

I wish I had your willpower!! I weigh every day and sometimes twice a day. I even put the scale under the bathroom sink one time to keep myself sane and ended up yanking it out one morning (when I just couldn't stand it any longer) and tore the skin off my hand in the process! I'm sick, I know.

Greek535 Thu, May-27-04 07:32

your not sick, im feeling the exact same way right now. Even though I tossed it, this is one of the hardest things ive had to face while doing Atkins. And the worst part is I feel lighter this morning, so I might have dropped a couple pounds. Oh well, guess I wont know for a few weeks.... :rolleyes:

slp2000 Thu, May-27-04 17:32

i threw my scale out about a month ago, i was addicted to it, i weighed myself at least 2 times a day, i don't miss it, now i measure....yes everyday, i know i replaced 1 addiction for another.

LisaAC Thu, May-27-04 19:29

Wow, you're braver than I am. I'd miss my scale.
Besides, I'd be afraid I'd knock someone out by throwing it out the window. Yep, one of my neighbors would walk right under just at the time I'd toss it, knowing my luck. :)