Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Calorie intake on Induction...Women only (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=144266)

becky160 Tue, Oct-21-03 19:12

Calorie intake on Induction...Women only

I will like to have some stats on the calorie intake that Women have in this forum, during induction Phase.

Please be so kind to and answer as accurate as possible.

Thank you. :thup:

ImHere Tue, Oct-21-03 20:38

becky160
I didn't answer your poll question because I couldn't really answer it accurately with the options given. Sorry ...

My calorie intake during induction was all over the place. At first it was probably around 2000 but then I lost my appetite (ketosis .. day 4 or 5) and I had trouble keeping it above 900 and then I worked to up my calories and my appetite came back and I was able to get it to around 1600 by the end of the 2nd week. Hope that helps!

LadyBelle Tue, Oct-21-03 20:41

I didn't keep track during induction. You don't really have to unless you just aren't losing weight.

The important thing is to get enough calories. I found later when I started keeping track, that if I dropped below 1200 a day for a few days I would stop losing completely.

If you get to low, your body will hang on to the energy stores it has (i.e. fat) and instead get protien and other needs from muscle, bone density, and other areas. It will also slow metabolism way down. People who only get 700 calories usually don't lose weight well and feel miserable after a while.

Wynter Tue, Oct-21-03 22:18

I selected between 900 - 1100... there were a few days where I was lower (800 or so) but really worked to keep them up. This is still way to low for my current weight, and something I have to consciously work at daily. If I don't monitor, I slip back to about 900 a day.... I'm trying to aim for between 1500-1900 min daily though.

The appetite suppressing part of this way of eating is an incredible thing for me... that and since I'm not eating carbs, I'm not eating all of the foods I binged on in the past!

Wynter

LilaCotton Tue, Oct-21-03 23:31

I voted 1500-1700, because that's usually where I'm at, unless I forget to make sure to keep FitDay, then I know it falls below that--sometimes even below 1200.

stella j Wed, Oct-22-03 00:52

I dont really keep track either, but I sure do feel like I eat a lot so I went with your highest option. With blue cheeses and ranch and cheese im guessing purty high!!!

Good luck.
Stella j

MaryToU Wed, Oct-22-03 05:45

I am another person who didn't, or couldn't answer the pole. You didn't include a " didn't track calories " option. The only thing I counted were the carbs. I know I ate a good amount of food, that is why I thought it was so great that I was actually losing weight!

apena Wed, Oct-22-03 06:05

Ok, I am obsessive with the scale, and counting calories. Because I am working on reducing blood pressure medications, and completely withdrawing from Lasix, (which I took a very large dose 80-120mg daily) I count calories during induction.

I typically stay between 900-1050 daily - and have continued down the long path of loosing weight.

Although I realize most folks keep their calorie intake much higher, I loose more when I keep the calories low. I guess different strokes for different folks.

Best regards!
~Andi~

KristiTalm Wed, Oct-22-03 06:34

I voted 1300 - 1500, because that is where I'm at now. When I FIRST did induction, I was closer to 1800 a day. I have to count both. I don't do fit day, but I try to keep mental notes of what I've had...

Kristi

becky160 Wed, Oct-22-03 11:55

Thank you Gals,

Please, Continue voting and posting any info...I need to get at least 100 votes.

Than you for your support! :wiggle: :wiggle: :yay:

lissy007 Wed, Oct-22-03 12:39

I'm only on day 3 of induction. and am around 1900 calories a day. As time goes be I'm sure that will go down though. I feel less hungry each day.

Melissa

Nille Wed, Oct-22-03 14:54

You're a busy girl !

You already know, but my average the last month has been 1463 according ti FitDay ! Some days way under, some days way over. Trying to keep it around 1500-1800....but have difficulty during some weeks wheh I work evening shift..... sorry ! :lol:

becky160 Wed, Oct-22-03 15:09

Sorry Gals,

Darnia is right. :exclm: I did not post more than 2500 calories on the poll!!! Goosh that was stupid!!!!
Please, If you have more than 2500 cals a day, please post a note in your post.

Diana D Wed, Oct-22-03 15:14

I guess I'm the odd woman out. Maybe things will change for me as my appetite decreases. ;)

Well, I have only been on induction since Monday morning.

I have lost 8 pounds, and these are my calories for the first 3 days (including supper, which I haven't had yet today)
Monday: 2828 cals, 72% fat, 13g net carbs
Tuesday: 2701 cals, 70% fat, 15g net carbs
Wednesday: 2498 cals, 72% fat, 17g net carbs

From what I have read, keeping the fat content higher than 65% is better than watching calorie intake, and I guess I'm proof. :wiggle:
I use FitDay to track all my stats, by the way. :)

Diana

jeanyyy Wed, Oct-22-03 20:05

Wow, in order to answer the poll, I went back to my Fitday records which were maintained meticulously back then. I was surprised to discover that I ranged between 1000 and 2000... averge was about 1500. I'm eating more like 1900 these days (and not losing) - maybe I need to go back to Induction! :lol: